First attempt at airbrushin the EYE!

I

inked_swagga

First off HUGE THANKS to Airbrush Tutor for making this tutorial available, making a sweet vid to follow along and even offering up the PRINT OUTS!! Ahhh that is just such a huge help, you have no idea man!

I just finished learning how to do the DOTS/LINES/DAGGER STROKES and still learning the blends, and thought I'd give the EYE tutorial a whirl!!

So I paused the video at a section and tried to build the piece to look similar to it, and move on... here is the process lol
1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

I used my Iwata Eclipse HP-CS and Createx Wicked Black with 1-2 paint-reducer running at 18psi..

I look forward to trying to do another one tomorrow, and fixing my mistakes on my first attempt (went a lil big on the bags under the eye lol, and my daggers on the bottom eyelid went all wonky for some reason haha) . Any words of advice will be very appreciated, thanks for lookin yall!!

Last edited by a moderator:
So is this your first time airbrushing? Great start. Your fades and dagger strokes look great.

Dylan

Yes, I just purchased my first ever airbrush just before Christmas last year, I was planning to use it to custom paint some Transformers (the Toys lol) and maybe a custom shirt or something. Then I went to Coast Airbrush, and was BLOWN away at the amazing pieces of art that were produced through the airbrush... ahhh it totally bubbled up some inspiration to learn the skills of the Airbrush Samurai's:triumphant:!!!

Really? Thanks man, I'm still learning but I totally appreciate the luv!!

Yes, I just purchased my first ever airbrush just before Christmas last year, I was planning to use it to custom paint some Transformers (the Toys lol) and maybe a custom shirt or something. Then I went to Coast Airbrush, and was BLOWN away at the amazing pieces of art that were produced through the airbrush... ahhh it totally bubbled up some inspiration to learn the skills of the Airbrush Samurai's:triumphant:!!!

Really? Thanks man, I'm still learning but I totally appreciate the luv!!

Got to love all the killer art over at Coast. Great work on the eye and as said nice soft fades.
Looks like you will pick this art form up quickly.
The CS is a great work horse of an airbrush.
Wicked is a great paint and can be used on almost any surface..

You have fin a great job for your first go!! You should pick this up very quickly and absolutely painting more than just transformers in no time!!

Josh

Awesome first job, mine was not so good even though I thought I had a good handle on the fades which was what I was trying to accomplish with the ones I painted. But your came out great seems like you are a natural.. Way to go keep it up.

Got to love all the killer art over at Coast. Great work on the eye and as said nice soft fades.
Looks like you will pick this art form up quickly.
The CS is a great work horse of an airbrush.
Wicked is a great paint and can be used on almost any surface..
Yeah man, we had a family trip to Disneyland, and a buddy of mines told me to check out coast airbrush while we was in the area... dude that place was better then DLAND to me hahaha!! I could of spent the whole day in there!!
Thanks so much man for the encouraging words! Yeah is it? Oh good, I was gonna get the neo, but then thought I might as well spend a couple more bucks and get something I could use in the future when i get better also! Yeah I love this paint, the fellas at Coast recommended the paint, wish I got more of it, I only grabbed a 2oz to give it a try!
Coast Owner & Me.jpg
David and Me (this guy is like the custom culture encyclopedia)

You have fin a great job for your first go!! You should pick this up very quickly and absolutely painting more than just transformers in no time!!

Josh
Thanks so much josh, haha yes I'd love to be able to just paint on any surface and customize the WORLD haha!!

Awesome first job, mine was not so good even though I thought I had a good handle on the fades which was what I was trying to accomplish with the ones I painted. But your came out great seems like you are a natural.. Way to go keep it up.
Yeah man? Shoot I watched Mitch's video over and over, and paused it through the progression of the piece, so i knew I was on a similar track, maybe that's what helped me out bro! Thanks brotha, I hope to continue to learn from all the talent here!

Really nice job! And i think that it was very smart of you to invest to a good airbrush since you obviously have talent already. :)

Hey welcome aboard mate, you have a great job on your first eye, much better than my first:). Dave knows his stuff and that place looks awesome, I would be like a kid in a sweet shop!!!

Inked_swagger how long had you been practicing before you attempted the eye?, I think it's looks great

thats a great job!!!since you´ve started now you got to continue!!!

Back