First Eyes

back off the trigger a little buddy so you are not spraying so heavy

also do not use straight black fir shading, I know its difficult with printer paper but once you move on to a better paper our canvas your page will bout wrinkle so much, however if you spray lightly in layers leaving each later to dry properly it shouldn't be an issue....back to the point....start with a ratio of like 20 drops white to one drop black, do the while picture working from darkest to light, then another later with like 10white to 1 black, then another layer of like 5 white to one black then finally maybe 3 white to one black, something like that......spraying each later very lightly, allowing drying times if you go to heavy......make sure you reduce your paint nicely also.....p.s daggers are a bitch early on!
Oh ok so your saying for me to start off by stating light and then go a little heavyer as I progress throught the pic? Because right now I'm just useing water base paints to start off if thats cool?

Use transparent black to do the eye. Also, when you first start, You think that you need to do all these fine lines, and your paintings come out with no depth. its all about the fading. Just keep practicing the eye and your practice lines and fades and daggers. A couple months down the road, you won't even believe the progression.

I think I did like 20 eyes with just transparent black, My family thought that I had this weird eye obsession.

water based paints are fine, I use wicked by createx which are water based acrylic with no problems....yer you have understood me correctly, start with a very light grey white, then with each layer get a little darker, each time working from your darkest points toward your lightest, so you dark points are gone over and over with your lightest points hardly being touched.....its practice practice and practice im afraid, and also understanding the theory behind it....I have posted a work in progress called ran the mans ref, check it out.....in within on black though so technique is reversed, in working from light to dark where as you will be working from dark to light.....the pictures show about 4 layers and how to build them.....I'll post a link to it now ......oh yes and when I say work lightly I mean don't pull so far back on your trigger.....light colour light touch...get me?

looks great for the amount of time you have i like the bottom left keep practicing daggers and reverse daggers its a great hewlp for eyelashes

Back