First shot at the leopard.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376222409.244867.jpgmy daughter saw the leopard and asked if she could have one on the wall in her bedroom, so I bought a canvas and this is result of the first part, I'm starting the white when I get the feeling back in my fingers

Thanks, I must admit, the whiskers are the make or break and I couldn't get the white right, so the end result wasn't as good as I wanted, but you live and learn.
Practice practice practiceImageUploadedByTapatalk1376261846.893495.jpg

I like it, wish I could make whiskers like that! :encouragement:

I kept them to a minimum as the white was causing a problem, rather leave it alone than mess is it, thanks anyway

What size and type paper is everyone using for this?

I did that on a canvas roughly 700 x 500 mm
But I wouldn't again, not until I'm more competent, as due to the nature of canvas ie the weave, you can't erase on it very easily. Any hard compressed card with a slight sheen to it would be ideal

Iwata custom micron cmc and eclipse
Badger krome and patriot.
And a very understanding wife..

I did that on a canvas roughly 700 x 500 mm
But I wouldn't again, not until I'm more competent, as due to the nature of canvas ie the weave, you can't erase on it very easily. Any hard compressed card with a slight sheen to it would be ideal

hey subzero,

nice pic :) i'd be happy with it :)

just as a note, if you prep the convas with gesso and send between coats to get a smooth finish erasing comes out nicely :)

hey subzero,

nice pic :) i'd be happy with it :)

just as a note, if you prep the convas with gesso and send between coats to get a smooth finish erasing comes out nicely :)

Never thought if sanding between coats, good idea, thanks for that

What a really impressive jod you've done on this one.
I can only hope that when I have a go at this one [and I will] my attempt is as successful.

Back