First worksheets

airbrushjeff

Young Tutorling
I have practiced a lot of dots and line work, but not on a formal worksheet. They are great they really show how much work I have yet to do .. I am very inconsistent and still struggle with the most basic exercises. Any advice on getting past this stage. Getting very discouraged

Attachments

• 20170508_214752.jpg
    20170508_214752.jpg
    345.9 KB · Views: 226
  • 20170513_211903.jpg
    20170513_211903.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 204
Don't be so hard on yourself Jeff those don't look bad at all! what pressure are you using?Looking at what you posted you might be spraying at a little to high of pressure try lowering it a little so you don't get the over spray your getting it will also help with your control of the lines and dots!

Ditto what basepaint said.
When you're fed up with dots and lines try utilizing a kids colouring book, practice blends and shadows.
The exercise sheets are about building confidence and technique. Learning where the paint hits, where your lines start and stop and building up the consistent accuracy. Doing 100 sheets if your accuracy isn't improving is pointless.
Your dots should be darker to lighter of the same size per row, the edge of the circle should be hitting the boundary lines each time.
There is no reason why you can't do the 'eye' exercise, it (like all artwork) it utilizes dots and daggers

Thanks for replies basepaint and JackEb.. .. I will try lower air pressure change my practice routine.. I do something with airbrushing every day, most of the time its painting others its learning Inkscape and stencils etc. So I will be trying this today thanks again.

How's your progress? I just finished my first ever session practicing dots and lines and they look worse than yours did. Lol

Just keep going!

I did dots and lines for a bit then got on with the eye as I found it more interesting :)

Sorry for the duplicate post. Trying to figure out how to post a pic.

Last edited by a moderator:
20180112_200044.jpg
JRObvuWkrnYIaL2I2
Pics or we don’t believe you :p

Got tired of drills so got a fun chicken coloring book.

I have practiced a lot of dots and line work, but not on a formal worksheet. They are great they really show how much work I have yet to do .. I am very inconsistent and still struggle with the most basic exercises. Any advice on getting past this stage. Getting very discouraged
If anyone tells you they did dots,daggers and lines until they were perfect before they moved on, theyre lying.
Do some art, go back back to the dots daggers and lines all the time. Do a sheet before you play with each project.
It will help tremendously to see for yourself how it actually applies and you'll have a lot more fun.

It's like washer drills with a rifle.
You just have to go shoot too, noone expects you to do washer drills til theyre perfect and then go out and be a sniper all of the sudden.

You don't want to see what my dot and dagger worksheets looks like... looks like a flock of birds made a poop on my paper... you have talent and by the determination you show in your worksheets I bet you are kind of a perfectionist and therefor expect more of yourself to fast... learning how to airbrush takes time, dedication and a lot of try again's... it's double actioning to master, muscle memory, when to go fast when to go slow, when to go close, when to move a bit away, when to pull the trigger further back and when to hardly touch it, all in one go, so you are doing just great... look at Mitch's tutorials of dagger strokes especially the centre of the eye, how to apply the dagger stroke, use what he teaches, I promise you, if you practice a few centre of the eyes with the right methods before you complete your first finished eye you will be amazed by the result. That goes for all your artwork, look at the 3 emails that you received just after joining again and again, its important that you know what shape it is, what you going to use dots lines blended dots etc, if it weren't important there wouldn't have been endless tutorials regarding. But you will be fine, just don't be to hard on yourself... learn to have FUN whilst you learning... You will enjoy it more!

Are those worksheets still available? I can't seem to get them to come up.
If you’re referring to the free downloads on the ‘airbrush tutor’ site then you may have problems. The site is have a few issues, I’ll let Mitch know

Back