For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

First worksheets

Discussion in 'How to Control an Airbrush' started by airbrushjeff, May 14, 2017.

1. airbrushjeff

airbrushjeff Young Tutorling

I have practiced a lot of dots and line work, but not on a formal worksheet. They are great they really show how much work I have yet to do .. I am very inconsistent and still struggle with the most basic exercises. Any advice on getting past this stage. Getting very discouraged

Attached Files:

doc1, Big John 1945 and jord001 like this.
  2. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

Don't be so hard on yourself Jeff those don't look bad at all! what pressure are you using?Looking at what you posted you might be spraying at a little to high of pressure try lowering it a little so you don't get the over spray your getting it will also help with your control of the lines and dots!
    jord001 likes this.
  3. JackEb

JackEb The Dragon Hunter Staff Member Admin

Ditto what basepaint said.
    When you're fed up with dots and lines try utilizing a kids colouring book, practice blends and shadows.
    The exercise sheets are about building confidence and technique. Learning where the paint hits, where your lines start and stop and building up the consistent accuracy. Doing 100 sheets if your accuracy isn't improving is pointless.
    Your dots should be darker to lighter of the same size per row, the edge of the circle should be hitting the boundary lines each time.
    There is no reason why you can't do the 'eye' exercise, it (like all artwork) it utilizes dots and daggers
    Big John 1945 and jord001 like this.
  4. airbrushjeff

airbrushjeff Young Tutorling

Thanks for replies basepaint and JackEb.. .. I will try lower air pressure change my practice routine.. I do something with airbrushing every day, most of the time its painting others its learning Inkscape and stencils etc. So I will be trying this today thanks again.
    JackEb likes this.