Flexible Sealer is?

G

GeeDonV

Hello everyone, i would like to get any futher info or guide for this tricky and confusing *for me. i had these two kind of product and yet im digging for better understanding as it failed to convince me just by sayin it had a different name on the label but serve the same way for the same purpose, And how to apply this stuff in a preferred way for airbrush job
1d4d09389361400311a399889b8925e4.jpg
21a8fbb2ee697d7aa363a3d0eb96409f.jpg
53cff81f253e5db592439e2ea3bcfb10.jpg
7c036c8d1bc7cf43d6f67e9ee95b91f3.jpg

What is it that you want to use this on?
They both seem to be solvent based adhesion promoters.
stay away from clear plastics (or at least test on scrap material)
You generally only need a very very light coat
Then primer, then.....as usual.

Last edited:
What is it that you want to use this on?
i was looking for plastic primer that came in aerosol can not the bucket one, and the shop assistant showed up with that. currently i still cant really sure if i got the accurate type of plastic it was, i want to shoot some subwoofer box, and it was wrapped with kinda black stuff and by searching the info on google it belongs to vinyl type of plastic.

If it's a polyvinyl it should be fine.
My understanding is just no polystyrene...like polycarbonate or obviously styrofoam.
Extremely light rigid plastic is also kind of a warning it might not be good.
I don't know how to describe it but think like the little trim pieces that are often chromed. Those are bad with this stuff.

If it's a polyvinyl it should be fine.
My understanding is just no polystyrene...like polycarbonate or obviously styrofoam.
melting is the first thing that come across my mind when i saw polystyrene, is it related? haha. well, im still in blue with it, which one work best between those both? and what is the concern on clear plastic? curious.

I don't know anything about either of those specifically.
Clear plastics are often polycarbonates which are actually part of the polystyrene family. Cracks melts whatever I guess, never tried it , I was just told to keep it off of clear plastic. I think it's actually ok an acrylic clear but i'm not sure.
Same concern with those trim type pieces i mentioned.
I don't know the specifics on those either but its not abs, ABS is perfectly fine.
The trim pieces are the ones that you can break if you bend them. they're often white on the break.

I don't know anything about either of those specifically.
Clear plastics are often polycarbonates which are actually part of the polystyrene family. Cracks melts whatever I guess, never tried it , I was just told to keep it off of clear plastic.
Same concern with those trim type pieces i mentioned.
I don't know the specifics on those either but its not abs, ABS is perfectly fine.
The trim pieces are the ones that you can break if you bend them. they're often white on the break.
would let the others if any to answer that, it might be a usefull piece of note to help us for a better understanding, as for those clear type, Yes, i did once and now you gave me the precise answer for that fail, i had the black can of primer *picture above. shoot on the material, it was a phone hard casing, and guess what? i had a Mini Sahara desert land texture on my casing, it was cracked clearly surfaced all over the phone casing.

Back