For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Foxy Studio Airbrush Grand Prix

Discussion in 'Competitions!' started by markjthomson, Jun 11, 2016.

1. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

We might get a few winners from the forum that have entered the odds are in there favor,I would have entered my bobcat but it was on paper not board so it wasn't eligible :sour:
  2. AndreZA

AndreZA Elite Member! Elite Member! Very Likeable!

I did not enter because nothing that I do is original. It's all just copied from images found on the net.

Good luck to all that entered.
    Malky likes this.
  3. AndreZA

Where did they list them?
  4. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Mark sounds like a 1 in 30 chance to me:D as there's 30 entry's not 12:sour:
  5. beanpoleuk

beanpoleuk Elite Member! Elite Member! Artist of the Month! Very Likeable!

Same reason I didn't enter :), good luck everyone..

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
    Malky likes this.
  6. Malky

Malky Pencil Pushing Protagonist Very Likeable!

I didn't enter because I'm crap, lol, but you have more than enough talent to warrant having a decent camera (if you don't already have one) possibly with macro function and taking pictures of anything interesting you see around you, I think you've come far enough for you to realize you owe it to yourself, not only can you produce original work by making your own images but you also have copyright on them and might even be able to sell them, there are few here I think deserve be earning big time from their art or even becoming very well known through competitions and such, and you are more less top of the list:) You have a talent too for choosing some amazing images to paint so I don't see why you can't apply both these talents to producing some cool compositions even it means a little photo shopping, copying your own images is still original;)
    AndreZA likes this.
  7. Malky

You could actually do the same as I just mentioned in response to Andre:)
  8. Cordyk

Cordyk Sheriff Woody (Admington) Admin

I did enter but now I know there was 60 entries I don't hold much hope haha! It's not anything really creative but last time I entered one of there comps hardly anybody else did and I won so that was what I was going for haha
    markjthomson likes this.
  9. AndreZA

You are more than right @Malky. I did photography before airbrushing so I have my equipment. Just lazy I guess
    markjthomson and Malky like this.
  10. J000seph

J000seph Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

"Nearly" 60 entries. 5 prize winners..
    markjthomson likes this.
  11. Malky

You should just keep your gear in the car, I mean how many times have you seen something and wished you could get a photo?, I've been looking into some crazy lenses that I can attach to my phone so I can take photos on the go, I love animals and painting them, but I have always been fanatical about architecture too, here in Holland there are some amazing old buildings and churches that although I would struggle to paint they would be fun to draw, I usually just paint stuff that I see and happen to like, but I see stuff like that everyday on my travels and I think it's probably wise to take shots when I see them, even if we didn't paint everything we shot, we would at least have enough to choose from.

I'll never be in a position to make money and have no illusions about ever doing, you've just had a load of business card printed so make that event count, you could even arm your good lady with a decent camera, who is is likely to have good idea of the things you like to paint?;)
    markjthomson likes this.
  12. Malky

I don't think 60 entries is a lot for such a big event, I would have expected it to be in the hundreds, we had a competition here on the forum with 59 entries open only to forum members, Foxy's Facebook states "nearly 60 entries" so that could be anywhere from 56 up, so I wouldn't be surprised if a huge percentage of the entries are members here which means a very good chance of one or more the prizes being posted here, that would be cool indeed, it's always a boost to see any of our members get a little notoriety:)
    J000seph and markjthomson like this.
  13. Ronald art

Ronald art Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

@Malky you are right 60 entries is not much , I think quite a few have missed the fact that the dead line had been moved back and a few more that where put of by the substrate rules in this contest
    J000seph likes this.
  14. Malky

Well just about every substrate that was allowed I have at home so I would imagine many others would have it too, they would certainly have had the time to get it, so I don't think that would have been a cause of it, anyone who was serious about entering would more than likely have acquired some of the allowed mediums just for the purpose, and if I was seriously thinking about entering myself I would expect anything I did to take me a week if it had any chance of being in the running for a prize, so I definitely would not leave my attempt to the last week, so If anyone missed the deadline just because of the deadline being brought forward a couple of days doubt that would be more than one or two at most, I'm more of a "get it done and out of the way" person than I'll "just wait till the last minute and sweat over it", the second scenario would be just asking for problems I think.

So I think the lack of entries maybe comes down to publicity or or lack of it, possibly publicized in places where there is not enough traffic, I've only ever seen the publicity in English and I suspect it was also in Dutch even if I didn't see it, when I log in to my Foxy account, mine is in English but I wouldn't have a problem obviously in Dutch but others might, I think for a better turn out next time, and since it's open to the world and since Marissa and Carlo travel the world publicizing the event could be done in more languages, I think they have earned enough respect for their students and host the world over to translate on their behalf., of course this is just me thinking out loud, maybe the there were other languages used;)

It won't surprise me if the biggest majority of entrants are in Europe, Hope they have a bigger turn up next round, and at least the judges might have less of a job picking out the winners and as I said I'll get a huge boost if some are our lot:)
    Zotilraxx likes this.
  15. markjthomson

markjthomson AKA Quick Draw !! (and still very happy) Staff Member Mod

Sixty entries (from the FB post I saw) and 5 prizes so it's 1:12 of getting a prize (as opposed to winning). If it's 30 entries then it's 1:6. I didn't quite explain I was looking at the prize chance as opposed to winning. I want the compressor... :)
    basepaint and J000seph like this.
  16. markjthomson

The entries will be posted soon, I'll put a link up when I find it.
  17. Zotilraxx

Zotilraxx Air-Valve Autobot!

These are all valid points and I completely agree. I had made all the grounND work but I lost steam halfway... what a shame... I will try harder next time, though...
  18. AndreZA

19. markjthomson

That's some good work!
    J000seph likes this.
  20. J000seph

J000seph Detail Decepticon! Very Likeable!

Anyone on here win?