Foxy Studio & Anest Iwata

Matwes

The Analog Kid
About a month ago I ordered an Iwata Custom Micron CM-SB airbrush from Foxy Studio in Holland. Foxy Studio is run by Marissa Oosterlee and Carlo Tedesco. When I received my new jewel all was good, happy like a kid. But on the second day I discovered a severe malfunction when I cleaned my airbrush. It was spraying to the right and the spray plume hit the crown cap when the needle was fully retracted.

I contacted Carlo and told him about my problem. He gave me a couple of ideas to try and hopefully fix the issue, but with no success. At that point Carlo asked me to shoot a movie showing him what was going on with my Micron. Here's the movie:

Carlo immediately spotted that something was seriously wrong with my gun. He sent my movie to Iwata in Italy and got a prompt reply that I should get a new Micron on warranty. I cleaned the gun and packed it in a box. The next morning Iwata had arranged an express pick up at my work and of it went. The same day Carlo sent me a new Micron and three days later I had it in my hand. The whole arrangement took less than a week from complaint to delivery of a new tool.

I tilt my hat to Carlo who put in a huge effort to solve my problem in a rush. This my friends is true customer care, I love these guys.

Thanks Carlo, Marissa and Anest Iwata Italy!

Your happy customer.
/Mats

Last edited:
wow...I'm still trying to process what was up with the gun.

Nothing better than excellent customer service. It always keeps me dedicated a brand and/or supplier.

Neither can I.
Only thing I could think of is that the nozzle fitting was not lined up properly. The gun was performing well despite the issue. But when I wanted more color out of it, it started to splatter a lot to the right.

At least your replacement was quick as could be and all good now... Hats off to all customer service, not much about nowadays.

Back