G'day all!

R

RavageWombat

My names Vince

Ive recently discovered airbrush tutor on youtube and have been amazed at the artwork people are doing with airbrushes. A few years back I invested in an Iwata HP-C & a hobby compressor to colour a friends wedding cake I made, and it has been in storage until now.

Last week I invested in a Rolair JC10 compressor and have just started out with the basic line and circle tutorals. I also enjoy building models and want to try painting them as well.

Anyways, looking forward to reading alot on these forums and learning alot!

Cheers

Welcome aboard from Adelaide !
Going to take a stab in the dark and assume youre in Oz somewhere. Let us know at least what state and we can guide you to local supplies. Or at the very least the reputable online guys !

What paints are you currently using ?

Welcome aboard from Adelaide !
Going to take a stab in the dark and assume youre in Oz somewhere. Let us know at least what state and we can guide you to local supplies. Or at the very least the reputable online guys !

What paints are you currently using ?
There we go, I had my location in, but didnt save, weird, working now though. I'm in Canberra.

Paints I have is a basic Trident colour set, been reading alot about createx illustration colors, and it seem people are enjoying them and was thinking of picking up a set from Airbrush Megastore . com, bought a Iwata air hose for my new compressor from them last week and it arrived the next day, good service.

When I bought my Iwata airbrush years back, I got it through a website called southern cross airbrushing (I think that was the name) in Melbourne, but the site is no longer around.

Thanks, on the phone the location doesn't show up unless your user name it clicked on.

Stick with the trident for now, get your confidence up, then try a few bottles of the createx illustration, and appropriate reducer. Don't try water, despite the rumors createx doesn't play well with water.
Createx can be a pain to dial in when starting, paint/reducer/pressure/weather all need to be factored in.

Steve (airbrush megastore) is a top bloke, always happy to answer questions, but then again so are we :)

Lock and load and get practicing.

Hey Vince from the UK :) What kind of stuff are you hoping to paint, and on what surface? We're pretty nosy around here, or at least I am lol, but it can help people advise too.

You have a great brush there, get some paint through it, and don't be shy about posting your efforts, good or bad, we've all been there, and with a visual you can get more specific advice if needed, which can save a whole heap of time, and help make the learning curve a little less steep.

Hey Vince from the UK :) What kind of stuff are you hoping to paint, and on what surface? We're pretty nosy around here, or at least I am lol, but it can help people advise too.

You have a great brush there, get some paint through it, and don't be shy about posting your efforts, good or bad, we've all been there, and with a visual you can get more specific advice if needed, which can save a whole heap of time, and help make the learning curve a little less steep.

I'm wanting to learn to paint models, I'm currently building a few Gundam kits (I'm really into anime/cartoons), and after watching a bunch of videos on youtube learning about airbrushing and seeing peoples amazing artwork, I'd like to try that as well.

Ive just bought a photo frame, Ive placed the line and circle tutorials inside the frame, so I'm practicing on glass and clearing it off with a razor.
Ive also got a sketch book which Ive also been using, just spraying on the paper.

Ive just bought a photo frame, Ive placed the line and circle tutorials inside the frame, so I'm practicing on glass and clearing it off with a razor.
Ive also got a sketch book which Ive also been using, just spraying on the paper.

the glass was probably the best thing I ever did. its very unforgiving so if you can get it the pressure right on glass, everything else is easier.
if you have any sort of artrist ability then it is a big help, but I'm living proof that you don't have to be able to draw to be able to airbrush...... but I suspect that now I've been airbrushing for a little while that my pencil drawn stick figures will look a little better lol

Hi Vince, Welcome to the Forum!! Glad to see that Iwata coming out of the closet. Now its time to get some paint through it. Let us know if you have any questions. You've found the right place.

Back