G'day from a newbie Aussie

Thanks for the input guys. I will go with your suggestions and just get the + for the time being. I already have a moisture trap and secondary regulator as well as the mini trap below the gun as a precautionary measure.

Hi Ricky.... love that family guy episode.

Well i have ordered the restorer and some more paints. Considering going for a brush with slightly smaller cup size as i feel the HP-C+ cup will hinder my vision. What are your thoughts on the HP.BH ?

Hi Ricky.... love that family guy episode.

Well i have ordered the restorer and some more paints. Considering going for a brush with slightly smaller cup size as i feel the HP-C+ cup will hinder my vision. What are your thoughts on the HP.BH ?

HP-BH is a fantastic brush, I had one and will again, the only thing I would suggest is to look for the HP-B, the "H" model has a buikt in MAC valve for fine control of your air pressure, I found with mine that because it is under the cup depending on how you hold the brush it is easy to accidentally nudge the valve open while you work, this can cause unexpected and definitely unwanted blasts risking ruining your work, an external in line MAC valve is far easier and safer and because it is attached to your hose you only need one no matter how many brushes you have on the go, you will find that the HP-B IS quite a bit cheaper, in fact if you bought this and the external MAC you would still pay less than the HP-BH :thumbsup:

Malky thanks for that bit of info. I will definitely look into that.

You are correct, it is quite a bit of a price difference between the 2 brushes

Buy an external Mac QD (quick disconnect) and some male fittings for your brushes as you get them and you’ll have micro control of the pressure on all your brush.

I highly recommend the Grex QD Mac valve, they come in a couple of variations for different makes of brushes, a good reason to stick with one brand you like

I will be sticking with Iwata for the time being, i have had a chance to handle a few other brushes and the iwatas just feel better to me.

Will be going compressor hunting this weekend to see what i like and will be quiet enough to use in the house without needing to use my big compressor in the shed.

Yes a tank is a prerequisite. Was looking at the twin pump artlogic unit with a 3lt tank. But have found out that supercheap auto do one with a similar twin pump but a 24lt tank.

Yes that's the plan. I will take a sound reading from 1 mtr away and see. If it's ok then for the money it's selling for it's a bargain.

Welcome to the forum LT, looks like everyone has you covered. I can recommend the grex mac valve, had mine for over 10 years and its still working well. I would get a needle and nozzle for your old hp-c, they are not expensive and you will have another decent AB for blocking in. Anyway thats enough from me. Enjoy your stay and don't forget to post up your progress pics.

Lee

Thanks Jord, I did look for the parts for the older HPC, but was told that they dont make the original parts

Ok update time, after handling a few brushes i settled on the HP-C+. My compressor choice as i have a room inside the house dedicated to painting, i chose the Artlogic compressor. Now the fun begins.............

A little tip to help you on your way, when folks who buy new stuff don't post photos of what they got, they often arrive home from work to find all the flowers in their front garden trampled and flattened, they also find a little calling card amongst the carnage with the words "you've just been Orange squashed" , so you know it was us, just a little heads up there:)

Lmao...orange squashed i will have to remember this. Pics will come soon. Waiting for the deliveries to start rocking up with my goodies.

Oh and as for squashing flowers......Have at it im trying to redo it all

A little tip to help you on your way, when folks who buy new stuff don't post photos of what they got, they often arrive home from work to find all the flowers in their front garden trampled and flattened, they also find a little calling card amongst the carnage with the words "you've just been Orange squashed" , so you know it was us, just a little heads up there:)
lol:laugh:lol Malky, you crack me up!

Thanks Mr Micron. I'm waiting impatiently for the new toys to arrive. Can't wait to lay some dagger strokes and get the basics down pat

Back