General Finishes Milk Paint (ACRYLIC)?

S

steve roman

Is it possible to use a thinned down version of General Finishes Milk Paint? According to their website it is not a true "casein" milk paint , but rather a water based acrylic that mimics the look of milk paint.

What would I use to thin this paint down?

Thank you
Steve

I don't know this paint, guessing its powder you mix with something? And this is a modern version? But in general the pigment in non airbrush paint is too large. Depending on the size nozzle you have, what you intend to paint and the psi you can use, it may be do-able, but for a lot of airbrush uses can see it causing blockages, and giving issues.

I looked up the material data sheet for General Finishes Milk Paint, and would think that if thinned - you could get away with spraying it through a .5, maybe as small as a .35 tip. There is a chance that you could get away with thinning it with just water, depending on the surface you are applying to. If vertical, you may experience running before drying could start - In that case, you might try an airbrush medium, maybe something like that made by Golden? Bigger tip/needle combo will be your friend - and a spray gun would be ideal.

Back