Going for the gold...

L

Louis D

Gold leafing... ok, so in my haste to shop I ordered a small gold leafing kit as I reckon it looks the dogs bollocks when done right.
And that right there, is the issue... I haven't a clue about how to do it. I have laid down some sheets that actually came out ok, not bad at all, smooth and with crisp edges.

So my question is, how do you make the really nice circular pattern on it. I have tried a few different fabrics but so far, no pattern.

Have I missed something ?

Gold leafing... ok, so in my haste to shop I ordered a small gold leafing kit as I reckon it looks the dogs bollocks when done right.
And that right there, is the issue... I haven't a clue about how to do it. I have laid down some sheets that actually came out ok, not bad at all, smooth and with crisp edges.

So my question is, how do you make the really nice circular pattern on it. I have tried a few different fabrics but so far, no pattern.

Have I missed something ?
Check out Steve Kafka... a pinstripe legend, he shows that on one of his you tubes...

You get yourself a piece of wooden dowel wrap a bit of leather over the end and over that you wrap some velvet material. Then you simply place on the gold leaf and twist gently, it should make the lovely swirl pattern. Takes a bit of practice to get right but not too difficult to master. Have a practice see how you get on and let us know. Post some pics.

Lee

Back