Got the new olympos needle!

J

jared pittman

The friendly fellow at Pacific airbrush sent me extra needle for mp200c- packaging superior, it is rock hard just like original.

I got one about two weeks ago, also from Pacific, and managed to bend it along the length of the taper simply by pinching it with two fingers to aid pushing it back through the needle packing while I was trying to adjust it... I am not talking about the tip of the needle, but about 1/2 way between tip and beginning of taper - it just kind of wrinkled under the gentle-ish squeeze of my fingers.

I got one about two weeks ago, also from Pacific, and managed to bend it along the length of the taper simply by pinching it with two fingers to aid pushing it back through the needle packing while I was trying to adjust it... I am not talking about the tip of the needle, but about 1/2 way between tip and beginning of taper - it just kind of wrinkled under the gentle-ish squeeze of my fingers.
OK pacific must love me cause they sent rock hard needle that would by no means bend by pinching picking or anything other than head on collision with the floor.

OK pacific must love me cause they sent rock hard needle that would by no means bend by pinching picking or anything other than head on collision with the floor.

that is one explanation, that you are loved, and they hand picked you cream of the crop -

I had read about soft or malleable needles on the Olympos brushes, but really did not think too much of it. That is until mine deformed in-spite of my trying to handle it gingerly. So, with my experience now joining the ranks of the others I have read about, I tend to think that there could be another explanation for the difference in our experiences... which could be something as simple as experience, and perspective :thumbsup:

I think it's more likely he got an older needle, and you got whatever they're passing as Olympos these days.

I'm pretty sure the guy knows the difference between hard and soft.

Back