Greeting & Salutations from the Swamps of New Jersey, USA

D

Dr. Morbius

Recently retired and ready to take on new challenges in life. Always wanted to learn Airbrushing and now have time to cross off same from my bucket list.

Living large in the Swamps of New Jersey, USA.

Haven't decided what type of AB'ing to get involved with and would like to try all mediums, Portraits, MC Tanks, Canvas, Model Cars, Model Miniatures etc... So exciting !!! So little time !!!

I recently received a Harder & Steenbeck Infinity 2 in one for a gift and I'm desperately trying to marry a really good compressor to it. Any suggestions? (must be 50 DB and below as the YOL has super hearing!!)

As for toys...Hmmm, well I do laser engraving with an Epilog 60 Watt 12x24. Have a T-Shirt Press, A Vinyl Cutter, and a Hat press. Just thought I branch out and become a little more artistic, or is that autistic? Could be the same. LOL

Thanks for listening and if need be ask and I will my best to answer.

Thanks for having me,

Bill (Dr. Morbius)

Welcome Home Bill

Damn New Jersey has changed since I was there cause I never saw the swamps and Ft. Dix was hell with in hell LOL but that was back in the 70's

Welcome from Australia Dr Morbius.

We are all here for a good time, if its a long time then all the better, if its not well at least we had fun while it lasted.
here come the questons you didn't know were relevant.....
so are you planning to do tshirt painting or 'art' ?
do you already have airbrush paint? if so what brand?

Oh, and welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I currently am the owner of a HArder & Steenbeck Infinity 2 in 1 brush along with several bottles of Createx paint. T-shirts for a start, art, comic illustrations, models, etc... You know all the hard stuff, which hopefully will become easier with the help from the members of this site and the "Airbrushtutor" The link for the Eagle 4000 compressor is: https://www.eaglecompressor.com/air-compressors-tools/category/silent-series.
Be patient it takes time for the site to load.

That compressor is not an industrial one. It'll work great, as long as you have a water trap and a good regulator. One of the H&S dealers will be at JerseyFest, they can probably help with the right fittings.

Hi Jonas:

Wow!! Thanks for the lead to Jerseyfest. It is actually 5 miles from where I am and excited to hear about it. Will register tomorrow.
Exactly what I was looking for. Hope this big kid can close his wide eyes long enough to learn something.
Thanks again.

Excellent. And not sure why my keyboard put the NOT in there--that compressor is more an industrial type. It'll still work great--I used a big shop compressor for years. The only issue was noise. So I'd leave the compressor in the garage, and have about 200' of hose to my basement. Eventually I got a dedicated airbrush compressor though and am much happier.

Hi Ricky:

Hello from the Swamps of New Jersey !

Love Canada ! In fact, if the politics here in the USA get any weirder, I might need to move the family there.

Great to here from you.

Hi there from the UK. That compressor looks great. with the Createx paint, if it is the regular createx paint, that will be good for t-shirts as it is a fabric paint, but I recommend using it through the larger of your infinity nozzles. Paint has come on since they started making that, and as you may be planning on painting on many surfaces you might want to look at createx's Wicked line, which has a finer ground pigment than regular createx, but is great on many surfaces, I have used it on fabric, leather, wood, motorcycles, car parts etc. It is also lightfast so is great for outdoor stuff. It can also been used for portraits etc, but you are going to end up mainly concentrating on portraits or fine art only, on paper, board etc you may want to look at Createx illustration paints. You will need to buy the appropriate reducer, these paints do not play well reduced with water, as they are waterbourne rather than waterbased.

Hi Ricky:

Hello from the Swamps of New Jersey !

Love Canada ! In fact, if the politics here in the USA get any weirder, I might need to move the family there.

Great to here from you.

Politics is just weird in general :)
We have our fair share of "politicians" in Canada as well ;)
Welcome aboard, I'll be looking forward to your future posts

Hi there from the UK. That compressor looks great. with the Createx paint, if it is the regular createx paint, that will be good for t-shirts as it is a fabric paint, but I recommend using it through the larger of your infinity nozzles. Paint has come on since they started making that, and as you may be planning on painting on many surfaces you might want to look at createx's Wicked line, which has a finer ground pigment than regular createx, but is great on many surfaces, I have used it on fabric, leather, wood, motorcycles, car parts etc. It is also lightfast so is great for outdoor stuff. It can also been used for portraits etc, but you are going to end up mainly concentrating on portraits or fine art only, on paper, board etc you may want to look at Createx illustration paints. You will need to buy the appropriate reducer, these paints do not play well reduced with water, as they are waterbourne rather than waterbased.

Hey Squishy:

Wow..Thanks for the great advice on paint. Still waiting on the compressor. Like a kid before Christmas. Cannot wait to get started on this long road ahead of me. I have the .15 .20 and the .40 nozzels. Should I use the .20 or .40?

Thanks again.

Back