Greeting & Salutations from the Swamps of New Jersey, USA

You mentioned you have 'several bottles of createx paint' Which line ?
Createx Airbrush Paint - primarily for textiles and hobby use. recommended to use a 0.5mm tip-sized airbrush at 40 - 50 PSI
Createx Wicked/wicked detail are great all round paints as Squishy has already commented.
Createx illustration is aimed more at (but not restricted to) illustration work, it will work straight from the bottle in a .18 brush,
All of the above can be reduced with 4012-High Performance reducer so it will flow well through smaller needle. just remember, the more reducer used the more likely you will need to lower the psi . The more reducer used the less pigment will land on the paper so the more layers needed to achieve the colour required.

Good day Jack:
Thanks for the advice on the paint and reducer info. The paints I have are the Createx Transparent line and are marked for "Airbrush Colors".
Will pick up the reducer and try mixing some as a test. Still waiting for Compressor and will let you know how I make out. What do you fellows think of the Vellejo (Model Air) line of paints? A bit pricey at about $3.00 USD for .57 oz (17ml).

. The paints I have are the Createx Transparent line and are marked for "Airbrush Colors".
So you have the textile line. It will prefer a larger needle (.5). With reducer you might get it through a .35 but I'm not sure what the pigment size is.

Maybe one of the tshirt guys can advise is they've had that particular paint through a .35

Dr. Morbius said:
What do you fellows think of the Vellejo (Model Air) line of paints?

I use it on my resin kits a lot. I really like its ease of use, and every color in the rainbow is out there. However, for fine art stuff, I'm not sure I'm sold on it--not sure exactly why, but I just don't like the way it works on paper. But it's very available in my area, easy to use, and cleans up easily. I recommend using the Airbrush Flow Improver when using a smaller needle though. I use the normal line for brush painting almost exclusively though.

For me, in order of preference on my models:

Vallejo
Com-art
Reaper
Gunze Sangyo/Tamiya

I haven't tried the Createx Illustration on my kits yet--still getting the hang of them. I also really want to try out Mission Models paints, just haven't had a chance. I've also started working with Scale 75, but only a flesh tone kit-so far I like it, although it takes an awful lot of mixing in the bottle.

My preferences are also based on availability--each of those paint lines are at my local hobby shop or art store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back