Greetings to All

Welcome to the forum!

The w500 is much better with wicked than the w 100. Best thing i did was buy a quart of it for when i use wicked. I like to use a few paints. Wicked is very good paint, and can be used for anything.

Welcome indeed Brian, it's cool to see a new member start off with such an obvious appreciation of what we do here, it kind of makes us proud;) , you clearly did a lot of research before ordering your gear so your nor short of a little wisdom:thumbsup: and I'm glad you also had the wisdom not to order standard createx, could have been a huge problem with that cool new brush you ordered, I just bought the same brush second hand from one of our members and although I haven't used it yet I sure like the feel of it, I also have the HP-BH+ which is the gravity feed version of the same brush, I would assume you chose the side cup version due to your experience with the paasche?

Anyway, I hope you will stick around and have fun with us, and I have a feeling you may also even have something to offer in terms of advice and such for our absolute beginners, the more the merrier, we do pride ourselves in trying to make the road to success as smooth as we can.

If you need anything at all, just scream, it's not like space here, someone will hear youlol

Hi Micron,
The wicked colors I picked up also came with a few ounces of W100 reducer. I can easily and happily order the w500 if that's what's recommended. I am using an Iwata HP-SBS with .35 nozzle.
Thanks
The w100 will reduce it But the W500 is the newer stuff and helps cut down tip dry .
W500
A premium reducer for thinning water-based paint.
  • For use with Auto Air Colors, Wicked Colors, Illustration Colors and AutoBorne Sealers.
  • Generally added 10% per volume to paint. May be added in greater quantities to achieve best viscosity for atomization of paint. Non-reactive; does not serve as a catalyst.
  • Contains 2-Butoxy Ethanol
  • Paint has a 72 hour pot-life after mixing with High Performance Reducer.

Hi and Welcome from Devon U.K.,your potato shop skills may help some of us for layout and design. I use mostly Wicked detail myself and find it a really good all round paint but like most of the inmates here I have several different makes.

Hi, Tygrfan.
Welcome from another part of Australia.
Great to hear your coming back.
I'm sure that you will find that as soon as you get that air flowing, it'll all come back to you.
From all accounts the 500 is the way to go, but keep the 100 for cleaning etc.
You'll soon notice that paints aint paints, as they used to be.
Be sure to give a shout if you hit trouble, plenty of advice and help about in here.
You don't have to be crazy; but it sure helps!lollol
Thanks Splasha!

Welcome to the forum!

The w500 is much better with wicked than the w 100. Best thing i did was buy a quart of it for when i use wicked. I like to use a few paints. Wicked is very good paint, and can be used for anything.
Thanks Bill I'll do the same!

Welcome indeed Brian, it's cool to see a new member start off with such an obvious appreciation of what we do here, it kind of makes us proud;) , you clearly did a lot of research before ordering your gear so your nor short of a little wisdom:thumbsup: and I'm glad you also had the wisdom not to order standard createx, could have been a huge problem with that cool new brush you ordered, I just bought the same brush second hand from one of our members and although I haven't used it yet I sure like the feel of it, I also have the HP-BH+ which is the gravity feed version of the same brush, I would assume you chose the side cup version due to your experience with the paasche?

Anyway, I hope you will stick around and have fun with us, and I have a feeling you may also even have something to offer in terms of advice and such for our absolute beginners, the more the merrier, we do pride ourselves in trying to make the road to success as smooth as we can.

If you need anything at all, just scream, it's not like space here, someone will hear youlol

Thanks Madbrush. I do appreciate the collective knowledge and willingness to share, it's already evident in my intro thread and I'm excited to be here. I did do a lot of research here in the forums before making my choices and glad to hear I didn't badly blow anything. I choose cup version because my paasche was bottom feed and I didn't want the weight and I like unencumbered view of the tip. Also, Mel's experience with the SBS, seemed to echo that so I locked on my decision.

The w100 will reduce it But the W500 is the newer stuff and helps cut down tip dry .
W500
A premium reducer for thinning water-based paint.
  • For use with Auto Air Colors, Wicked Colors, Illustration Colors and AutoBorne Sealers.
  • Generally added 10% per volume to paint. May be added in greater quantities to achieve best viscosity for atomization of paint. Non-reactive; does not serve as a catalyst.
  • Contains 2-Butoxy Ethanol
  • Paint has a 72 hour pot-life after mixing with High Performance Reducer.

Thanks Micron I placed an order for a large bottle of the w500 today. I really appreciate the feedback. That may have helped save me my first big headache!

Hi and Welcome from Devon U.K.,your potato shop skills may help some of us for layout and design. I use mostly Wicked detail myself and find it a really good all round paint but like most of the inmates here I have several different makes.

Hi Dude,
Thanks for the thumbs up on wicked. I'll let you know if PhotoShop experience helps me or was just the delusion excuse I needed to convince myself to airbrush again. I've been fortunate to visit your part of the UK and it is a lovely place.

Thanks Madbrush. I do appreciate the collective knowledge and willingness to share, it's already evident in my intro thread and I'm excited to be here. I did do a lot of research here in the forums before making my choices and glad to hear I didn't badly blow anything. I choose cup version because my paasche was bottom feed and I didn't want the weight and I like unencumbered view of the tip. Also, Mel's experience with the SBS, seemed to echo that so I locked on my decision.

I'm very impressed I have to say, you are definitely one to do the legwork before throwing good money after bad, that stand you in very good stead and I have absolutely no doubt you'll succeed in airbrushing, mainly because I'm convinced that you've done your homework on technique and such, I'm sure you will be throwing up some great works in no my time at all.

As I said I have the gravity feed version of your brush and to be honest I've never considered the cup to be in my way but I sit when I work and tend to look down and from the right at my tip, I'm a lefty and I get so close in to work that the back of the brush is just under my left ear, I basically want to see the needle at all times.

I've never liked bottom feed, I had one long ago and after about twice trying it I lobbed it, it was a cheap hobby thing from revel, it was my first brush ever, but although I hated it, it disc make me want a better brush rather than make me give up.

My main reason for choosing the side feed is for quicker colour changing since I now want to do more with colour.

Welcome from Estern Europe:)

Your skills at PS will definetely serve you good. ABing and PS is like close friends.

Your choice of side feed Eclipse is very good! You can do a lot with this gun as it's the most versatile among all iwatas. I've sold this model for the reason to get some money but I'll buy it again as soon as possible.

Welcome from Estern Europe:)

Your skills at PS will definetely serve you good. ABing and PS is like close friends.

Your choice of side feed Eclipse is very good! You can do a lot with this gun as it's the most versatile among all iwatas. I've sold this model for the reason to get some money but I'll buy it again as soon as possible.

Thanks Vladimir! That was just what I was hoping when I decided to start ABing again. Thank you also for the feedback on the Iwata SBS. Shipping company says brush and compressor are due in tomorrow! I'm excited.

I see you are from Kiev. It is very nice to see so many enthusiasts from around the world in one forum. It seems that many hobbies are regional for some reason but I'm loving the world-wide community here.

I'm very impressed I have to say, you are definitely one to do the legwork before throwing good money after bad, that stand you in very good stead and I have absolutely no doubt you'll succeed in airbrushing, mainly because I'm convinced that you've done your homework on technique and such, I'm sure you will be throwing up some great works in no my time at all.

As I said I have the gravity feed version of your brush and to be honest I've never considered the cup to be in my way but I sit when I work and tend to look down and from the right at my tip, I'm a lefty and I get so close in to work that the back of the brush is just under my left ear, I basically want to see the needle at all times.

I've never liked bottom feed, I had one long ago and after about twice trying it I lobbed it, it was a cheap hobby thing from revel, it was my first brush ever, but although I hated it, it disc make me want a better brush rather than make me give up.

My main reason for choosing the side feed is for quicker colour changing since I now want to do more with colour.

Hi Mad,
Yeah the Paasche bottom feed was from 1983 and I was mostly airbrushing t-shirts and hats, so a lot of color switching and a lot of volume. I really hope to get to where I can do more artful work that's meaningful to me rather than mass commercial product. We'll see! Thanks again for the interest and support.

Imho, once you begin to multiply the number of times you replicate the designs, the more it loses it's individuality [ big word for the day, guys! ] and appeal.
Originals have that certain something most people want, these days.
I recently watched an older gentleman painting a seascape along the coast not far from here, and was surprised when a surfer dude offered him $100AUD for it, there and then.
Admittedly, it was an extremely good rendition of the scene, and I doubt if I could have done anywhere near as well as his work was, but it just goes to show how fate deals the cards some days.

I think W500 was fairly new when I joined and the consensus was to go with the W100 at the time due to shelf like so I have about a pint and a half of it and 2 oz of w500. Need to use up what I have first.

Back