Greetings Y'all

T

tinmann80

Hey everyone. I'm from the DFW area and fairly new to airbrushing. Having the wife and 3 girls thing going on I need an affordable escape. Currently I am equipped with a California Air Tools 4610A Compressor and am anticipating receiving a Paasche Vision. I have read good and bad about the Paasche gravity feed guns so I thought why not, it will exceed my capabilities for a long time.
My wife bakes and decorates cakes on the side and received a Harbor Freight gun and compressor and something about that got me an itch to look into it. Once I googled all that's possible with airbrushing I was amazed at how detailed one can be with this medium.
My goals are to become proficient at T-Shirt, caricatures, and fantasy art. Hopefully I can branch out from there but for now its the basics. Any input will be appreciated and I will start posting soon.

welcome from Australia,
be prepared for a learning curve, but we are here to help. Walk before you can run, learn the basics and the rest will come with practice

welcome from Australia,
be prepared for a learning curve, but we are here to help. Walk before you can run, learn the basics and the rest will come with practice
Learning curve, just let me get my feet wet first lol. Dagger strokes and dots.

dots and daggers are the first learning curve ! the pro's make it look so easy :D

How do you like it, do you still connect a moisture trap to your hose

It's a great compressor. I use a moisture trap with a regulator next to where I'm working. Even though it's a quiet compressor I don't usually keep it in the same room. And then I also use an Iwata pistol grip moisture trap at the end of my hose. "Last line of defense ".

Welcome to the forum Tinman, I have the Talon gravity feed and found that the .38 setup was the best all rounder. You can blast the paint on and also get pretty fine lines with it so you should get that with the vision. Like @JackEb said, walk before you can run. Its a big learning curve but you can and will succeed and we're here to help.

Lee

Welcome to the forum Tinman, I have the Talon gravity feed and found that the .38 setup was the best all rounder. You can blast the paint on and also get pretty fine lines with it so you should get that with the vision. Like @JackEb said, walk before you can run. Its a big learning curve but you can and will succeed and we're here to help.

Lee
Thanks, I can't wait to start, just got my gun yesterday, everything looks great. I'm not sure why people have an issue with them in the reviews. That talon looks sharp and I'll definitely get one as backup in the future.

Back