For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

Guide for the Step by Step Forum!

Discussion in 'Step by Step' started by airbrushtutor, Apr 17, 2014.

1. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

This forum is especially for step by steps. While we have other forums like the WIP (work in progress) forum, a step by step is more of a completed WIP, with detailed explanations of how to create the artwork/ or a particular aspect of an image. A step by step is a dedicated tutorial, like an instructional WIP in one post.
    Because of this, for anyone posting here, we ask that you create a single post with the full instructional/ how-to, step x step.

Please begin the Step by Step with the materials that you have used:

*Airbrush:
    *Paint:
    *Substrate:
    Optional -
    Time:
    Extras:

For anyone still unsure of the difference between a WIP and a Step x Step please see the following:

Click here for an example of an airbrush Step by Step.

Click here for an example of a great Work in Progress.

This forum also acts a little differently to other forums. The most viewed step by steps will automatically be placed first. Generally speaking the most popular step x steps will appear at the top of the list. This is to assist any newcomers easily as the most popular will generally be the most helpful, or most sought after.

Oh I almost forgot to mention, It would be nice to incorporate a vote for the month's best Step by Step - as i would like to put the best step x steps onto the airbrushtutor.com website to add to the tutorials database along with credit to the author as well as putting the new step by step onto the airbrushtutor facebook page at the artist's discretion/ choice.

Happy contributing everyone!
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2014
    chevy likes this.
  2. WhiteKnight

WhiteKnight Code Dragon Slayer Admin

Happy to see the new forum Mitch, I like the fact that the most viewed step by step will bubble up to the top of the forum.

I was also wondering if we should not regroup the step by step already on the different forums to this one Like your "Airbrush Tutor Eye Self Portrait" which is in the "Color the World" forum and many others like "Making Clouds" in the "General Airbrush Tutorials" forum (every thing that is related to "create the artwork/ or a particular aspect of an image") leaving tutorials like "TUTORIAL: create your cleaning station and airbrush support" in the "General Airbrush Tutorials".

These would not count for Step by step of the month since they were posted previously, but would give substance to the forum and could bubble up to the top :)

Just saying :)
  3. airbrushtutor

airbrushtutor Love Spreading Overseer Admin

I don't see why not buddy, we'll just have to do it on a step by step basis...... :witless:

:triumphant:
  4. haasje dutchairbrush

haasje dutchairbrush Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

Just a thought. With the most viewed posts being shown first it will be verry hard for new posts to get to the top. I know it's a problem for the future as as long as there aren't that many posts you won't notice. When this section is a couple of pages long though, I'm afraid any new step by steps, how ever good they are will find it verry hard to get noticed.

Say a post has been around for a year than that post will by default have aquiered a lot more views than a new post and any new post will have a hard time making up for the years head start that post has.

As I hate pointing out problems without at least trying to suggest a sollution :tickled_pink::

If possible to implement maybe a voting system could work. If a new step by step is any good it will porbably get high marks and find it easier to get to the top (although here I see the problem that people generaly try to be nice on the forum and don't give bad marks :))

An arbitrary admin top 10-20 might also be an idea (just sticky some).
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014