Hallo from England-west Yorkshire

if i was you i would use this panel now for practicing all the stuff you want to put on the final piece... a first try if you like... iron out all your wee problems... then once its filled either try and connect the images... or get rid of the lot and either wash it... or black base coat.... then next time try and lay out your whole image before you start to paint anything... print out pictures and blue tack them on where you think you want them... this is what i do... then i leave it for a few days but keep looking at it.....that way it can be changed around to what you want... then finally start when your 100% that everything is where it should be.... if your using stencils you can have the same effect by just spraying the stencil with transparent white and leaving it... gives you the shapes but still all the work to do so your not wasting your time fully rendering sonething then when your done you dont like it...
So what im saying is... fill this bonnet with everything you want to paint on the final piece.....then start again... only next time start with layout... and it will all come together...
keep us posted
Toammy

Thanks for all replies and ideas,i don't really. use Stencils ,just for a basic shape , I do all free hand and I use only one hand (can't get used to use them booth , but I am airbrushing only a one week really so my change later) agin thanks all of you for guidance and help

your more than welcome... its all advice ive had from here... im just recycling it and saving the same people the troubles of repeating themselfs ;)

Hi guys, sorry to bother you again , just a quick question. I decided to start all over again. Question is - do I need a clear coat on bonnet before I start? Or can I go on paint and then clear coat , thanks very much again

i personally use the auto air paints... so i use the dark base coat sealer... i find it gives the paint more adhesion... but if its just for practice i would just jump straight in with your art work... obviously if your wanting the job to last then a base coat is definitely preferable... the clear coat is the protective top coat... it seals the art work in and protects it from scratches and chips ect... also makes it shiney... and i really like shiney stuff :D

one of the more experienced members will be able to help you out further with there incredibly incredible knowledge of all things painty.... im kinda new but read a hell of a lot :)

Hi guys, haven't being here for a while , had loads a troubles recently, but it's all good and I started again from scratch.

Attachments

• IMG_0766.JPG
    IMG_0766.JPG
    292.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_0767.JPG
    IMG_0767.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 7
Back