Hansa 381

A

Arent Jack

Hi,

Anyone here using a Hansa 381? I just got one from Ebay but I can’t find much about it... I’m curious to find out if it’s any good?!

Basically the same brush as the Infinity, with some slight build differences (Hansa is owned by H&S - although the older Hansa brushes did use different nozzles, too). The biggest adjustment will be the trigger which is the fixed double action. Air on with the first bit of movement backwards, then paint - no need to press down. Some people find them difficult to adjust to; I love the one on my Grafo.

Basically the same brush as the Infinity, with some slight build differences (Hansa is owned by H&S - although the older Hansa brushes did use different nozzles, too). The biggest adjustment will be the trigger which is the fixed double action. Air on with the first bit of movement backwards, then paint - no need to press down. Some people find them difficult to adjust to; I love the one on my Grafo.
Ow that sounds good. Can I use infinity needles nozzles and nozzlecaps on it too?

I think the Hansa pieces are just a little bit different, maybe shorter and fatter vs the rest of the H&S brushes.
I’m curious how this fixed double action will feel!!!

Nope different nozzles from infinity, hansa 281, 381, is like satagraph 3 which i have and the needle and nozzles are different between my sata and evolution crplus

I like the idea of a fixed double action. I can see it would take a little getting used to though.

I wonder how the Hansa line compares to the Grafo? I have my eye on a couple ABs in the Hansa line.
The Grafo is the nicer build, but the brushes are very similar. When it comes to the trigger, and its components, I am pretty sure they are the same. The trigger works on a fixed pivot rather than sliding up and down. Air valves between the fixed and regular double action are the same with the exception the fixed double action has a longer stem above the seal. I would put the Hansa on par with the Evolution, while the Grafo is closer to the Infinity, if that makes sense. Small detail differences, but overall quite similar.

The parts are not interchangeable. Neither nozzle/ needle nor the lever if I remember right. I could check if you want to know exactly. I used to work with the Hansa 281 (I think it's just the smallest cup than the 381,right?) but didn't use it since ages now. Since evolution parts are much easier to get by I'd go for the Grafo if you want the controlled double action function.
The Grafo is détail wise very capable and when it comes to lines and details I dont get different results as with the micron. Atomization wise in my subjective point of view its a bit weaker though. Very nice brush nevertheless. I own and used the Grafo t2 quite some time. I like the cup design. What I don't like is that the lever is also a spare part, that needs to be changed from time to time, because due to the function the metal grinds on the metal of the trigger and after a while the point when the paint comes changes.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N950F mit Tapatalk

Back