Hard sharp point eraser?

R

Ranger370

Do they make a hard sharp point eraser and if so where can I buy some? I have the usual assortment of earsers and pencil erasers but they tend to blur out to a dull point when doing fine lines or highlights.

I have a smaller diameter eraser , that has a replaceable insert, but it is not a hard eraser. I also have the Faber castell harder ink erasers with the brush on the end, and a pencil sharpener.

You can also look for a Tombo mono zero , silver barrel, is a small diameter white eraser. Not hard, but small diameter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Do they make a hard sharp point eraser and if so where can I buy some? I have the usual assortment of earsers and pencil erasers but they tend to blur out to a dull point when doing fine lines or highlights.

I buy standard hard erasers that are about 1/2" wide and cut them lengthwise to make two individual erasers that are about 1/4" square section.
I then use a scalpel to shape the ends to a point.
They can be sharpened again as soon as they become blunt.

the electric erasers come with inserts that are not sharp. what I do is ocasionaly square off the end and just use the eraser at an angle using just the very edge of the eraser.. this will give you super fine lines with good control
hope this makes sense.. I use a Sakura but helix is the same..sort of.but a lot cheaper

I don't do much erasing... but when I do, I drink Dos Equis.... oh wait, that's not what I meant to say.

Seriously though, I haven't done much erasing, just out of my own stupidity and stubbornness. When I finally realized it would help my painting, I tried just some simple white pencil erasers, and was so pleased, I just ordered a Helix electric eraser. Just came in today, and when I got home from work I grabbed it and started adding some highlights to my competition piece.... Don't know how long I lived without one... oh I remember... my own stubbornness and stupidity.

As far as hard pointy erasers, years ago I had some of these...
Eraser Pencil 2 Pack
Just sharpened them in the pencil sharpener, but I don't remember how hard they were.

What KO and Foreveryoung said is about your only options. The Faber-castell erasers come in hard and soft and you can sharpen it to a chisel point to get nice lines. You can also just use shields to erase.

What KO and Foreveryoung said is about your only options. The Faber-castell erasers come in hard and soft and you can sharpen it to a chisel point to get nice lines. You can also just use shields to erase.

AndreZA what do you mean by "You can also just use shields to erase"?
Cheers Mel

Mel, they make a metal eraser shield, I have one, used to use them in the drafting field. So I bought one for erasing now, but you can also erase along a stencil line or tape or some such thing it just takes a bit of practice.

Mel, they make a metal eraser shield, I have one, used to use them in the drafting field. So I bought one for erasing now, but you can also erase along a stencil line or tape or some such thing it just takes a bit of practice.

WM is right. YOu can use the metal shield but I always forget about it and only use a piece of paper.

Eraser Shield - YouTube

Aaaaah got it, thanks guys. I saw one of those metal shields in the art shop recently and dismissed it. I see from the video that it could be handy so I might pick one up and/or just use paper like AndreZA.
cheers Mel

I just wish I had the old Steadtler electric eraser we had in school back in the day. It was a big beast though.

Aaaaah got it, thanks guys. I saw one of those metal shields in the art shop recently and dismissed it. I see from the video that it could be handy so I might pick one up and/or just use paper like AndreZA.
cheers Mel

I have one of those but never knew what to use it for.
I would like to know where you get the hard Fabre castle pencil erasers and where to get some of the old style ink erasers. Like back in my school days :)

"If your not willing to learn, no one can help you. If your determined to learn, then no one can stop you!!"

I would like to know where you get the hard Fabre castle pencil erasers and where to get some of the old style ink erasers. Like back in my school days :)

"If your not willing to learn, no one can help you. If your determined to learn, then no one can stop you!!"

Josh I got my Faber Castell 7058's off of Amazon. I think i got all my erasers there. I did find an old school ink eraser in the the desk drawer. Score! I have not found them around. That sucker is probably old as hell.

Here's what you want it is the Faber Castle Eraser pencil PERFECTION 7057 (#185712) it has the soft red on one side and the hard white on the other.

Attachments

• Eraser.jpg
    Eraser.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 14
I must be doing something wrong, cos I have one of those faber pencil eraser jobbies, and doesn't do anything for me. Ideally I'd like a pencil version of those old school erasers, you know the ones with the blue and red ends. But I don't erase usually anyway working on bikes, it's just that occasionally when messing about with paper, it could come in handy. People seem to get such cool effects.

Here's what you want it is the Faber Castle Eraser pencil PERFECTION 7057 (#185712) it has the soft red on one side and the hard white on the other.

Where did you find them? I was thinking 2 in 1, instead if having 2 different, just havn't found a good source yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks Andre , I was also thinking of ordering from Marrissa's new site, but $34 worth of stuff was $34 for shipping to the US, so maybe another time.

Back