Has anyone used this frisket?

sevastra

Needle-chuck Ninja
Grafix 9" x 12" Matte Extra Tack Prepared Frisket Film | Shop Hobby Lobby

Oh my god, i used this today , it was all i could find. After i finished the bike tank i was going to do a zombie like thing, it worked horribly for me! I used my xacto cut all the bigger parts out, got the smaller details. When to go remove it to apply paint, and i couldn't for the life of me get this stuff off. I even applied the frisket to my arm first ( to get some of the stickiness off) It would just tear off into tiny pieces, and they were all cut nicely. I didn't finish it.

What frisket would you guys recommend, cause this stuff was a waste of money?

You can try an old t-shirt or something like that to get the stickiness off too, but even then, I've found frisket hard to work with. It can leave an adhesive residue, and I just don't like the stuff. I use auto mask, which is just like extra wide masking tape. Its harder to see the design underneath, if you are going to cut around a design, but it comes off so much easier and haven't had any problems with it leaving a residue.

I have stickey mickeys, same as automask, transfer tape for vinyl decals can also be used, just get low tack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have stickey mickeys, same as automask, transfer tape for vinyl decals can also be used, just get low tack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yup, I bought a 12" roll of low tack transfer tape. It works pretty well from my first tests, and its a hell of a lot cheaper than frisket.

Oh good, i'm going to look into that stuff then, that frisket was a horrible experience and gave me a headache.

mama said, mama said firskett is from the devil:apologetic: i detest friskette,, i know how ya feel

The "Extra Tack" part should already be a warning not to buy it. But it depends on what you want to use it. I use normal clear book covering vinyl when I work on canvas.

The "Extra Tack" part should already be a warning not to buy it. But it depends on what you want to use it. I use normal clear book covering vinyl when I work on canvas.

yeah, I know. I was in a rush and went to my local hobby lobby and that's all they had, I thought i could get some of the sticky off but it was never ending, i wanted to draw a face on it, and punch it square in the face.

Gents,

What's the difference between sticky mickeys and automask?

The only frisket I have used so far is the frisket film by Artool from coast airbrush, it is low tack but still too sticky for paper or signboard...it just rips it!! but should work for metal.

whenever using any frisk,, a good ideal is to place the frisket on your flesh , several times until the tack is almost gone.. the oil from you skin help to reduce the tack and makes it a little more tolerable.. this also works on masking tape and clear tape and dont worry the small amount from the oil will not hurt your substrate

I have a brand "The Original Frisket" from the UK and you definately don't need to get rid of any of the tack. It is very minimal. The only problem is it does not work too good with paint that was done in thin layers, it lifts it. It is only with certain brands of paint though. I also use an Artool brand called ArtMask. It has more tack, is a lot thicker but does not lift paint. It does not have backing paper so you use it directly off the roll. I use it on 250gsm Schoellershammer and have not had any problems with it.

Back