helllllooooooo

S

springheeledjack

Toolmaker by trade.
Had to give up, after an op on my back went wrong. Started making plastic model kits and selling them on e-bay, everything I make is well over the top, eg> mk 2 Racing Jaguar that I am on, has HT leads, Brake pipes, slave cylinder, water bottle, worn leather look on the seats, bit of rust underneath, etc.
Made some for Revell and Hobbycraft.
Airbrushing is my Achilles Heel though.
So here I am..............................Hello

Hey there, welcome from New Zealand... Mk 2 Jag... dream car... PICS PLEASE... :)

The button to the right of "Post reply" There is a limit to size so if it gets stroppy reduce the size. I use the lowest cell phone setting on a Samaung 5 and it's OK

Welcome from Australia.
Lots of modellers on here to help and guide you, you just need to ask :D

If your using the enamel paints make sure you mask up (your face, not the model lol) thinners can be nasty to your lungs

OK then folks
a couple of questions that I would like help with please.
1. Where can I get a new set of seals for my Badger Anthem 155?
2. I have a bag of needles and nozzle tips. How can I measure them to see which ones go with which?
Regards
SHJack

Hey there, I used to do models too. As far as tips you should be able to tell which is for the Anthem. They will be machined parts not plastic. I would run that 155, you shouldn't need any seals for it. Mine has one for needle. What's wrong with it? Wyn wyn is where I get my badger parts.

Evening Bass
I am getting an orange peel finish, I've tried all the usual remedies, then I noticed my compressor kept kicking in. Paintbrush and some washing up liquid showed that there were leaks in the actual gun joints.

A bit of beeswax or chap stick on them threads for the nozzle should help the air situation. As far as orange peel, that's a whole different story. What paint? Reduction? Air pressure, distances from work. You may want to put up post in trouble shooting or airbrush info. Might get more hits. Usually orange peel is clear coat issue.

Welcome to the forum!! :) Sorry, I don't know much about the Badger brushes. I'm sure someone with knowledge will be along soon. :)

Evening Bass
Ive put PTFE tape on the threads, still no joy. So this 'Needle seal'?

Back