Hello All

L

lvhatrick

My name is Jeff. I live in Henderson Nevada which is a suburb of Las Vegas. I am 50 years old and own a construction business. I recently have picked up model building as a way top relieve some stress and get my mind off a pretty stressful job.

I am using a 2 different airbrushes

Paasche H Model Single Action
Neo by Iwata that I picked up today
I have a Sparmaxx AC-27 compressor

Thanks

Hello Ivhatrick welcome to the forum,I have an aunt living in Henderson, If you have a question try searching as most have been answered at one time or another,If you can't find it just post it up and someone will be along to help you out! O and don't be afraid to jump into a Thread ,(some head toward the gutter pretty fast:malicious:)

Officially Welcome from Australia Jeff :)
We have a strong membership from the US so you wont be short of local supply suggestions if you need help.

What sort of models are you doing ? Game play or Military.... i've seen some amazing work by some of our other members so you should get help on those too if needed.

Although airbrushing can be frustrating (as you've already found out) once you get your head around how it all works then it can be a great stress reliever from the every day 'issues & stresses.

Welcome Ivhatrick. Sounds like you’re ready to go! The more information we have about what you’re wanting to do, the more we can help. Plus we’re all a little nosey LOL. What paints have you decided to try? I used to brush paint Warhammer 40k when I was a kid, that was always fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to the forum! I was just passing thru Henderson the other day. (I'm an over-the-road truck driver)

Wait, you took up airbrushing to relieve stress? Good luck with that! :p

Yeah we'd love to hear more about your model building. Feel free to post up some pics and ask any questions you might have.

Welcome to the forum from another model builder! It is a wonderful way to relieve stress. Airbrushing, however as Jurien72 implies, can be a "challenge". ;)
Are you using enamels or acrylic paints on your projects?

Thank You all.

I upgraded to a Sparmax TC-2000 Compressor because I had a feeling the AC-27 was not producing enough pressure. I am getting ready to test spray some stuff I'll let you all know how it goes.

I started with Testor Enamels and had many problems with clogging. Then I tried some model air acrylics and had better luck. I am not thrilled about acrylic paint and want to use Enamel, I really don't have a reason except I have heard that Enamel are better finishes for plastic models. I am still learning.

I am building a Porsche 918 Spyder right now. I built an A-10 AirPlane, Peterbuilt truck, and started a big project I wasn't ready for with a M983 HMETT and missle launcher Trumpet Model that I really screwed up the paint on then I moved to this Porsche that I am really building slowly and trying to get my quality up.

Sigh... I miss painting with Floquil lacquers- that stuff pretty much painted itself. Have you seen the tip that your paint should look like 2% milk? Like when you swirl it in a glass, it should stain the sides just like 2% milk. That should be a good starting point for spraying plastic models. Other than that, just do nice light coats. Can't wait to see the Peterbilt!

Back