Hello Everyone, My Name Is Kai! :D

K

Kaizee

Hello fellow airbrushers! My name is Kai, although my nickname is Kaizee, I don't mind which :)!

I didn't start airbrushing until a week ago, however since then I have spent around 1hour (Possibly?) airbrushing. My main interest into starting airbrushing was to customize trainers/sneakers/shoes and maybe other pieces of clothing, however I would not restrict myself to that, I would like to be able to free-hand on canvas's!

I am happy to become part of this community, as I know I will meet many genuine people who are willing to help me along with all sharing eachothers success's/artworks in airbrushing, which I am to be honest, looking forward to the most and learning from other peoples experience!

I am basically just turned 19, I wanted to do airbrushing so badly, and I wanted to get into it at an early age so I can have many more years infront of me to learn it and master it. I am from South East London, in the county Kent but town Maidstone :)!

I work as a Butcher, work 6 days a week until Sunday from either 4am or 5am until 12am or 1pm, I don't drink, not since I was 14 and had a ridiculously bad experience with Tyzer mixed with Vodka, in which I had a pleasant hour journey constantly throwing up and reaching new destinations by the second! Nor do I smoke, although I have stopped for nearly a year come the beginning of July. I had been smoking since I was 10? I know, its bad, I'm not proud which is why I have stopped to better my body and myself as a whole. I don't club or anything, I love staying indoors and either playing my Xbox or on the PC itself. I ride a motorbike, a Honda CBR125R, hopefully I can do my full motorbike test to get either a Honda CBR500R or a Kawasaki Ninja 250R!

I am roughly 6 foot tall, have a Trinidadian background in me from my mothers side. Overall, I am massively inlove and intrigued with airbrushing, sort of a 'want to run before I can walk' attitude, I just cannot wait to better my airbrushing skills and create intense and immaculate work, however I have seen many on this forums, and I feel as if I could never compete xD! Also, I have an amazing girlfriend who I have been with for 4 years, her name is Alice and is fully Ukrainian, more or less Mila Kunis's sister separated at birth, if you heard her speak you would not think in the slightest she is Ukrainian! :)

I'm sorry if I have bored you with my introduction, I wanted to let you know as much about me as I can, so you basically know me personally, as I wish to be no stranger to anybody! :)

I hope everybody is having an amazing experience with airbrushing and wish to better my skills amongst you all, sharing every step of the way with my learning and possible teaching. I also wish you best of luck with your airbrushing/artistic path, I know deep down if you stick to it, you can accomplish far past heights that you thought were capable when you first begun.

Many thanks and take care everyone!

- Kaizee :)!

EDIT: I did not list my compressor, airbrushes or paints that I will be using!! Thank you Shadow2462 for pointing that out!! xD

Personally, I have only been using the side gravity fed BD-128P Double Action Airbrush, I haven't used a Siphon and for some odd reason? My head told me to use gravity fed, as initially I thought the better the flow of the paint to the needle, the better my airbrushing session would be. Obviously, me as a newbie, I am to be corrected and I'm not saying my thoughts are right, also I do only small session, not massive portraits etc, only things like trainers and clothes but I will be expanding!! My compressor is the AS186 and the paint that I have been using is Createx.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome aboard and from one newbe to another there is a wealth of information and great people who are willing to help here

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Hi Kai welcome from down on the South Coast. You'll definately get answers to all your questions, and lots of support here! I love bikes too, it's why I wanted to learn to airbrush. I bet once you get into this hobby it won't be too long before you are painting your bike.

:applause: :applause: WoW, now that is an introduction!!!! Hello and welcome from the US. There are many different forms of this art and everyone here does at least one or another and some do many. The friendliest bunch around and all willing to help with pretty much anything you want to know. But I have to say TSK,TSK, you failed to tell us about your equipment( brush(s), paints, compressor, ect. ) LOL sorry had to bust on ya...welcome to the club. Knowing what you use helps us help you when trying to help with certain situations. Good luck, sling paint, and post up your work even if it is just practice sheets.

welcome and what ^ said about equipment and paints. I've already got a nickname for ya....Krazy Kai haha ugh long day at work lol.

Hi Kai welcome from down on the South Coast. You'll definately get answers to all your questions, and lots of support here! I love bikes too, it's why I wanted to learn to airbrush. I bet once you get into this hobby it won't be too long before you are painting your bike.
Hopefully I will be able to learn well enough to be able to do so! I just have to find a secluded workspace as I basically have no rooms where I could airbrush it :( But thank you for the welcome honestly, a big hello from South East London :D!
:applause: :applause: WoW, now that is an introduction!!!! Hello and welcome from the US. There are many different forms of this art and everyone here does at least one or another and some do many. The friendliest bunch around and all willing to help with pretty much anything you want to know. But I have to say TSK,TSK, you failed to tell us about your equipment( brush(s), paints, compressor, ect. ) LOL sorry had to bust on ya...welcome to the club. Knowing what you use helps us help you when trying to help with certain situations. Good luck, sling paint, and post up your work even if it is just practice sheets.
Thank you haha :eek:!! I do try to commit to my wording to make it as neat and understandable as possible!! But damn you for pointing that out! Didn't think to list my specifications at all, I will definitely do that right now! :D
welcome and what ^ said about equipment and paints. I've already got a nickname for ya....Krazy Kai haha ugh long day at work lol.
I do actually have that nickname on a few games such as first person shooters hahah! Don't remind me of long days at work, I was at work from 4am today and was meant to finish for 11am, I didn't finish until 1pm -___- :(!

Hi Kai welcome from Calgary. Great will power by stopping the drinking and smoking. If you can do that, you'll have the right attitude to tackle airbrushing. It will get a little frustrating at the beginning especially when you try to figure out the proper amount of reducer to paint. But once you're over that obstacles, you will get hooked like the rest of us. You will also find it's a great family here in this forum and they won't hesitate to help you out if you have any questions.

Hi Kai welcome from Calgary. Great will power by stopping the drinking and smoking. If you can do that, you'll have the right attitude to tackle airbrushing. It will get a little frustrating at the beginning especially when you try to figure out the proper amount of reducer to paint. But once you're over that obstacles, you will get hooked like the rest of us. You will also find it's a great family here in this forum and they won't hesitate to help you out if you have any questions.
I am sure that I will come across many frustrating times, such as that, reducing paint must be one of the most annoying things ever, however I am willing to walk that journey even if it does take me many years, as I know airbrushing is something that I definitely, definitely want to do!!! Thank you Patch, for the welcome!! :)
Welcome aboard Kaizee!!
Thank you Meeshell for the lovely welcome! :)
Welcome from Washington State Kai :)
And thank you Boltcase for the lovely welcoming too! :)!!

Hi Kai, cool introduction, thanks and welcome :) When you said you were going to list your equipment and paint now ...... which now did you mean? Ha Ha Ha!!!
Cheers Mel

Hi Kai! Welcome to the forum. It certainly looks like you have the right attitude to do well with the AB. As with anything that you want to be great at, it takes practice and lots of patience. Get to it and post up some of your works. We're here to help so ask when you need it. :)

Hi Kai! Welcome to the forum. It certainly looks like you have the right attitude to do well with the AB. As with anything that you want to be great at, it takes practice and lots of patience. Get to it and post up some of your works. We're here to help so ask when you need it. :)
Thank you, I will be sure to post my works and wanting to take positive criticism and advice on how to do better and much more efficiently!
Hi Kai, cool introduction, thanks and welcome :) When you said you were going to list your equipment and paint now ...... which now did you mean? Ha Ha Ha!!!
Cheers Mel
I have updated it now! I am sorry hehe, I am tired come after 3pm, I think to do one thing but end up doing another!! Thank you for complimenting my introduction also :D!

Personally, I have only been using the side gravity fed BD-128P Double Action Airbrush, I haven't used a Siphon and for some odd reason? My head told me to use gravity fed, as initially I thought the better the flow of the paint to the needle, the better my airbrushing session would be. Obviously, me as a newbie, I am to be corrected and I'm not saying my thoughts are right, also I do only small session, not massive portraits etc, only things like trainers and clothes but I will be expanding!! My compressor is the AS186 and the paint that I have been using is Createx.

well your thinking is correct for the most part. Bottle or siphon fed airbrushes are for spraying larger amounts of paint without having to stop and refill your cup over and over and also for quick change of colors. The main difference aside the configuration, is that siphon airbrushes require more air pressure to perform as it has to draw the paint up into the body instead of gravity doing the work. I own both types and use both frequently, they all have their advantages. I personally don't like side feed as it's very odd IMO but whatever works for ya. I think its the fear of not being able to see around the cup mounted up top that makes people go the side feed route I dunno. Be prepared at some point to have failures related to your airbrush. For first starting out it is ok to purchase a cheap chinese knockoff airbrush (the BD are el cheapo airbrushes made by fengda) to learn the mechanics, but in the long run you will need to upgrade to something more consistent and reliable. Often times beginners will get frustrated and give up and say this is too hard, when a lot of the times it's really due to using a super cheap airbrush and not the user themselves.

well your thinking is correct for the most part. Bottle or siphon fed airbrushes are for spraying larger amounts of paint without having to stop and refill your cup over and over and also for quick change of colors. The main difference aside the configuration, is that siphon airbrushes require more air pressure to perform as it has to draw the paint up into the body instead of gravity doing the work. I own both types and use both frequently, they all have their advantages. I personally don't like side feed as it's very odd IMO but whatever works for ya. I think its the fear of not being able to see around the cup mounted up top that makes people go the side feed route I dunno. Be prepared at some point to have failures related to your airbrush. For first starting out it is ok to purchase a cheap chinese knockoff airbrush (the BD are el cheapo airbrushes made by fengda) to learn the mechanics, but in the long run you will need to upgrade to something more consistent and reliable. Often times beginners will get frustrated and give up and say this is too hard, when a lot of the times it's really due to using a super cheap airbrush and not the user themselves.
I don't want this side fed gravity cup! It is ridiculously frustrating, it has no paint flow in the slightest, I can't see how paint can flow sideways fluently?? I have been watching an airbrush on eBay, the Badger 100-SG-F, as that has an ontop mounted paint cup, also they have marvelous reviews, along with it also being a top brand for airbrushes. I do want an ontop mounted paint cup, do you know of any other airbrushes that will help me massively? Thank you though Immortal for your feedback!!

Well I'm not a badger fan but I digress. Badger,iwata, richpen, h&s , peak, the list goes on and on. Everyone finds a different brush that works for them. Some of it will depend on what paints you will be sticking with and what substrate you will be painting on mostly. For illustration a fine line needle is best setup .2mm for general spraying such as t-shirts .35mm is pretty standard. I have both setups. Most t shirt guys use bottle feed due to being able to just spray straight from the paint bottle and ease of color changing. I'm mostly automotive so I use a wide array of different airbrushes and guns depending on what I'm doing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

And as far as the paint not flowing from a sidefeed, that's either the cheap airbrush itself or your paint not reduced enough or not enough air pressure. I've used a side feed and they work fine just require a little more psi then gravity feed and a little less than bottle feed. All of that can vary. I spray from 10-45 psi depending on what I'm doing. The lower the air pressure the thinner your paint needs to be and the thicker the paint the higher your air pressure needs to be. Since you are using a textile tshirt paint, by nature it requires more air pressure because of its thickness and lack of a good reducer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Back