Hello from Kingston, Ontario Canada!

S

Sawdust Boy

Let me first start by saying that I'm a retired custom furniture maker. I absolutely love working in my home-based workshop, from where I continue to design and make furniture for family and close friends.

I got into airbrushing to add additional character to my pieces. To say that I am a neophyte airbrusher is an understatement. Here is my most recent work, which features maple leafs to cover up a small crack in the side of that walnut bowl I'd turned.
Walnut Bowl Finished small.JPG

I hope that through this forum I will gain knowledge of the craft and find out about sources for paints and other necessary supplies.

All the best,

Marty

You could gain probably more knowledge than you will ever actually want. :)
Welcome!
We have a member who runs a store in canada @Maple Art You can google the website
Just something to check out, though you'll find tons of sources

As paint goes, Best I gather wicked color seems to be the sort of do it all multi purpose most common
With our illustrator types using things like Createx illustration, Etac efx, Golden high flow and com-art.
Just to get you started.
Any questions you have, ask away ,Youd be surprised how quickly youll get very expert answers from the people who hang around here

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. That’s a great looking bowl! Fantastic job creating that. You’re in the best place for knowledge here and the companies not too bad either. [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and welcome too from Greece Marty! You'll get all the info you need in here, I'll ask you a few Qs myself about what you do cause i'm interested for somes things! Enjoy and that's a great ball!! :thumbsup:

Welcome from South Africa, love Maple leaves, as Autumn creeps in and the temperatures drop leaves have beautiful additions to artwork. Looking forward to see some more of your work!

Hello from usa. What kinda airbrush equipment you using?
Hey, Jonathon, I have a Paasche XL, which I drive with my large compressor when at home. Because we're ducking out of the Canadian winter and are here in Alabama on the gulf coast for 7 weeks, I purchased a very portable Paasche compressor. That's it... at least for now.

I haven't encountered the difficulties of tip blackage in my venturi-style pen that I hear so much about, so rather than launch off and immediately purchase a gravity or side-feed pen, I'll wait until I have more experience under my belt. Basides, I'm not sure how serious I will be getting with my airbrushing, as I've only taken it up to highlight my turnings and cabinetry.

Thanks for the kind welcome!

Welcome to the forum! Nice work! I have a few customers that wood turn, They use the Autoborne Transparent Sealer to seal the wood prior to airbrushing.

Back