Hello from Montana, USA

:D Make sure you get the Wicked line of Createx, as the regular kind is only really good for textiles with big nozzles and high pressure :) If you find you also want to do textiles at some point then Wicked paints are great for that too, but the regular Createx is only recommended for textiles.

With the Wicked line, the proper reducer they sell really is the best thing to use. As it has a very teeny amount of solvent it doesn't work well reduced with water. Other paints can work well with home recipes, and I guess there are people who use home made stuff, but IMO it works best with the real deal, and as the wicked reducer has other benefits like less tip dry, quicker drying, harder curing, and better surface tension on hard surfaces (with the W500 - less chance of fish eyes etc) it is well worth getting. It gives a beautiful satiny smooth finish too. If you choose to buy the reducer, you will probably use at least 4 times more reducer than paint (maybe a lot more) so it can be more cost effective to get a larger bottle.

I don't use windex, but those who do say to make sure to get the ammonia free kind. Regular acrylic paint will make life pretty difficult and frustrating, the paint pigment is too large, making control almost impossible, as well as blocking the nozzle. Proper airbrush paint pigments are ground much finer. Some generic multi purpose art stuff is marketed for a specific use, (and at higher cost LOL) when really it is just something else renamed, but not so with airbrush paint :) It really is designed specifically for the airbrush. It can seem pretty costly at first, but you will literally be measuring it out in drops, and a 2oz bottle really does go a long way.

There are no scary or mean people here:D Slightly deranged, a little bit mad, ditsy or unconventional perhaps (you know who you are LOL) so never be scared to show anything or ask anything.
Wait you mean some NORMAL PEOPLE has made it onto this site??
okay time to hunt out the normal ones and get rid of them cause normal folks just scare me ..... It is always the quiet ones .. That is what you hear :D

I am just 100 bricks shot of a load of 1:D

Wait you mean some NORMAL PEOPLE has made it onto this site??
okay time to hunt out the normal ones and get rid of them cause normal folks just scare me ..... It is always the quiet ones .. That is what you hear :D

I am just 100 bricks shot of a load of 1:D
'Normal people' normally run screaming once they see what goes on here !
The last person that accused me of being normal left with a Chinese airbrush impaled in their forehead
I'd say yes to a primary set and a large bottle of reducer or six !!
I use both wicked detail and illustration and like them both.. The standard createx is more for textiles..

I'll definitely be ordering the wicked in the next day or two. What is the difference between the regular wicked and the wicked detail? I wish I had found you all before I placed my first order!

Wicked detail is a bit finer and dries to a more matte finish than Wicked. If you want a detail paint get the Createx illustration. They all take the same 4012 reducer unless you plan on a lot of erasing with the illustration then you would want the illustration reducer. Also get transparent base. This will add transparency and spread out the pigments making it spray nicer.

I'll definitely be ordering the wicked in the next day or two. What is the difference between the regular wicked and the wicked detail? I wish I had found you all before I placed my first order!

Wicked details have a much finer pigment and are basically transparent paints. Because I paint motorcycles and find that the detail paints pop much better when cleared, I use mainly the detail colours. I'm not overflowing with cash most of the time, (plus I'm pretty tight with money LOL) all I basically have is a set of primary detail paints, and an opaque white and opaque black. I can get by with just this and mix almost any colour, but also have a sepia (for underpainting), a fleshtone (can mix one but I find it's easier to use this as a base, and adjust as needed) and an opaque red (as the detail red can be very pink until the layers are built up and sometimes I just want a solid red) That combo I find does pretty much everything I need, and suits the way I paint.

Thank you Squishy. I'll get the Wicked detail primary set and a big bottle of reducer to start. I'll mess around with what I've got until I get the Wicked paint. I should get my order on Friday! I'm so excited!!

Do you have a Hobby lobby near you ? If so print the 40% OFF anything in the store coupon and go buy your Wicked there and save cash and time waiting for it to come in:D

They should just make you the free advertiser of the year!! ♡
Hey I get my perks from them , Well I should say the ladies that work there cause they are all young and hot and like to give me hugs:D
But I just like saving folks money:D I am still looking for that tree that grows money but have yet to find it..LMAO

Hi and welcome from N.Wales UK :)
Don't take any notice of the "peculiar" types on here like Madbrush & Mr Micron .... they only listen to only one voice in their heads were as I have loads of different voices to guide me ;)

Sometimes I forget just how spread out and how many really super small town there are in Montana :(

Yeah it is very spread out. I live in one of the bigger cities but that's not saying much for montana, lol. It is a lovely place to live though. Montana is very pretty :)

Yeah it is very spread out. I live in one of the bigger cities but that's not saying much for montana, lol. It is a lovely place to live though. Montana is very pretty :)
It is beautiful there no doubt, Big Sky's spent a couple of months there on business But not what I considered a big city at the time being I had just left Washington D.C.

Back