Hello from South Louisiana

J

Jill Rabalais

Hi, I'm Jill. I'm an art teacher of about 27 years. My first airbrush (Paasche I think model H) was given to me when I was in middle school. I played with it for about 10 minutes (4 months) and went on to other things. I received a Badger 150 from my ex husband about 13 years ago and didn't play with it much because I hated him. I still have both airbrushes, one small compressor and a lot of old paint I have to strain every time inspiration hits me or one of my students to use them. Now my school board has asked me and my Talented Art class to paint the ceiling of a new STEAM bus

Welcome home Jill
Nice to have you hear. Paint wise I suggest Hobby Lobby and go to the model section and look for WICKED /WICKED DETAIL made by Createx , It is design to paint on any surface that will hold paint, It is color fast but being on the ceiling it should not get a lot of sun. But I will suggest clear coating when you are finished just to protect the art even more .

Welcome aboard, Jill. Sounds like an interesting project. Post some step by step photos. If you hit Hobby Lobby, print out some of the 40% off coupons (make it a class project). Wicked is a great product. Good luck...
I forgot to mention the 40% off anything coupon so good catch :D

Welcome aboard Jill. Hope you enjoy the forum. Looks like you’ve already got some great advice on the paint and where to get it. So I’ll simply say Hi from the UK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, I'm Jill. I'm an art teacher of about 27 years. My first airbrush (Paasche I think model H) was given to me when I was in middle school. I played with it for about 10 minutes (4 months) and went on to other things. I received a Badger 150 from my ex husband about 13 years ago and didn't play with it much because I hated him. I still have both airbrushes, one small compressor and a lot of old paint I have to strain every time inspiration hits me or one of my students to use them. Now my school board has asked me and my Talented Art class to paint the ceiling of a new STEAM bus
And I have been asked to give them a supply list. I'm asking for the moon and stars, hoping to at least get the moon. (The only moneys I receive for my program are student fees and I have at most 45 students on my roster) Sooooo I stumbled on this forum and fell in love. Thanks for the info that has aided me in my research.

Hey there, welcome from New Zealand! Looking forward to seeing some pictures of the progress.

Welcome from Australia.
Sounds like you’ll have your hands full for awhile, but it also sounds like a lot of fun

Welcome to the forum Jill! The first time I picked up an airbrush was in high school art class... It quickly became my tool of choice. That was 27 years ago. If it hadn't been for my art teacher (who incidentally wasn't an airbrush artist, he purchased the brush with his own money for his students to try) I might've taken another path. Thank you for what you do!

Back