Hello, from Steve Nunez

Hey Steve. ... Welcome along brother. ... It's great to have another pro artist on board that is willing and kind enough to share their experience. .I love your work man especially the race bike paintings.... weer have a member on here from the UK also that does some killer bike illustrations.... Gary timms / itsonlypaint you should get along fine. ... Once again Thanks for signing up and look forward to learning from you

Welcome to the family. I hope you're prepared for some seriously dumb questions from us newbies LOL

Very warm welcome, thank you all.

As for the questions, I'll do my best to answer anything I can, I wish I had someone helping me out when I started so I know the frustration!

As for "dumb" questions, I was so uninformed when I began, I purchased an airbrush in the 1980's sometime and put paint in it and wondered why it didn't spray.......I didn't buy a compressor and didn't know it needed one........so definitely no such thing as a dumb question, if so, I'm guilty myself!
(True story)
great forum guys-

Welcome from richard to the airbrush family

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk

Oh man this is awesome Steve!! Welcome aboard, I'm friends with you on fb so I already know how great your work is, can't wait to see some wip pics on here from you!!

For the most part I draw directly on the surface and don't use papers much for transferring.....I also use digital projectors and usually just freehand the artwork.....not real big on masking as I feel it's just faster to airbrush directly for fastest speed......but I do occasionally use tape.
(just my way, nothing against any other methods)

As for "dumb" questions, I was so uninformed when I began, I purchased an airbrush in the 1980's sometime and put paint in it and wondered why it didn't spray.......I didn't buy a compressor and didn't know it needed one........so definitely no such thing as a dumb question, if so, I'm guilty myself!
(True story)
great forum guys-

that's nice to hear... I won't feel so bad now !!

welcome from honduras,hope you can call this place home as i do!!!:loyal:

Very warm welcome, thank you all.

As for the questions, I'll do my best to answer anything I can, I wish I had someone helping me out when I started so I know the frustration!

(True story)
great forum guys-
There's hope for me yet LOL!!!! Welcome from the uk Steve. I've been in awe of your work for some time, and feel like a celebrity just joined! *bows down to the floor* "We're not worthy....we're not worthy....." Seriously though, great to have you here, I know you will be a great inspiration and look forward to more of your killer work.

Welcome, Steve! I'm a new member here too! You have really great works!!

First time to comment
Hello from Tuttle Oklahoma

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have been an artist since early teens but never sold or attempted any commercial work usually all given away unless someone specifically contracted a piece. I've worked on canvas and papers of all kinds but not really anything in the automotive format like you have and that is my next project painting metal very different from canvas I am sure, 1966 Chevy long bed step side ( mine) so maybe I will get so pointers from you I'm 58 now and ready to branch out. I'm a free hand painter and don't tend to use frisket .

I have been an artist since early teens but never sold or attempted any commercial work usually all given away unless someone specifically contracted a piece. I've worked on canvas and papers of all kinds but not really anything in the automotive format like you have and that is my next project painting metal very different from canvas I am sure, 1966 Chevy long bed step side ( mine) so maybe I will get so pointers from you I'm 58 now and ready to branch out. I'm a free hand painter and don't tend to use frisket .

Your own introduction post would be nicer .. This is Steve's intro.

Last edited:
It's OK, no biggie, all welcome and thanks for the welcome guys!

Back