Hello from Sweden!

Ronnie D

Double Actioner
Hi everybody!
I live in Bålsta, Sweden.
I just got my first ab and its a Veda 180 and a noisy compressor from the hardwerstore.
I will use it for painting rc bodies and maby try to paint my motorcycle helmets in the future.
For now i'm using Fascolour, but i wuld like to try Crearetex Wicked as i would like to try paint on canvas also.

/Ronnie D

Welcome from Australia.
be aware that the veda brand of brushes are a 'knock off' and are a little hit and miss as to their reliability. if you want to eventually do helmets and canvas, you may need to upgrade to a 'proper' brush.

Hi Ronnie, welcome to the forum! I started out with the Wicked, but I have to tell you its not as newbie friendly as other paints. But, once you conquer the psi and reduction with the Wicked, its an awesome paint. I've tried other paints, but I keep going back to the Wicked.

I know JackEb! Right now i'm trying to improve on my stick man ;) so i could not see the benefit from a pricier ab right now.
CALz AyrWKz what colour would you recomend for a beginner?

I know JackEb! Right now i'm trying to improve on my stick man ;) so i could not see the benefit from a pricier ab right now.
CALz AyrWKz what colour would you recomend for a beginner?
It really depends on what you want to accomplish. If you only want to get a couple of colors to try, my go to colors would be transparent Paynes Grey and Sepia. I use these colors all the time for my underpaintings. The paynes grey is a good base color for cool foundations and the Sepia for warm foundations. If you want to start off with monotone paintings they would also be a good choice. Newbies tend to go too dark too fast so don't use black in the beginning. Every artist has their own preferences and methods of painting though and you will develop your's as well. That's my two cents. :)

Welcome and if ya ever need a new brush the Iwata hp-cs is highly recommended by many I love mine and I'm new.

If your AB is working well, then cool. However the benefits of a pricier brush, is it much easier to learn, they perform so much better (even if your brush works well, there is a big difference. When people upgrade their cheap brush gets relegated to covering large areas etc), and they are more consistent. This is important as you are developing muscle memory, and need to be able to use movements to get a desired result.

Also they are reliant. Better quality materials and machining mean you don't have to guess whether its the brush or inexperience that is the issue, leading to frustration - you can concentrate on paint ratios and technique. Also the quality mean parts are hardwearing and don't need replacing all the time, saving money in the long run, and not affecting learning by waiting for parts.

You can learn just fine with your brush if it performs well, but there are benefits to having a pricier brush. :) :) :) Not always necessary right away, but def makes things easier, and can speed up the process with better results.

If your AB is working well, then cool. However the benefits of a pricier brush, is it much easier to learn, they perform so much better (even if your brush works well, there is a big difference. When people upgrade their cheap brush gets relegated to covering large areas etc), and they are more consistent. This is important as you are developing muscle memory, and need to be able to use movements to get a desired result.

Also they are reliant. Better quality materials and machining mean you don't have to guess whether its the brush or inexperience that is the issue, leading to frustration - you can concentrate on paint ratios and technique. Also the quality mean parts are hardwearing and don't need replacing all the time, saving money in the long run, and not affecting learning by waiting for parts.

You can learn just fine with your brush if it performs well, but there are benefits to having a pricier brush. :) :) :) Not always necessary right away, but def makes things easier, and can speed up the process with better results.

I hav been sertching for better ab, but i have never tryed something like this befor. I thought that i will try to see if it was something i like to do, and then i would get a better ab.

Back