Hello From the New Hampshire Seacoast

J

Jmoses77

Hello fellow artists from Greenland NH. I found this forum after doing some digging around looking for some online pointers to help to improve the quality of my airbrush work. I'm already thankful that I did as I have picked up quite a bit of info after just quickly flipping through the different sections of this forum.

I am an art teacher by day and paint (now with an airbrush) in my free time. Unfortunately my free time has been limited as of late due to two young kiddos roaming around the house. When I do paint I focus mostly on cars and motorcycles. I have been painting pictures of Indycars for five years and only recently started applying airbrush in addition to my traditional painting techniques. I have found that it is an amazing way to get the subtle changes in value present on automobiles with curved surfaces.

Anyway, even though I have been creating art, drawing/ painting for most of my life, the airbrush is relatively new to me. I am currently using an Iwata HP-CH and thought that was the pinnacle of airbrush equipment. I certainly have gotten better through practice but am always looking for tips and tricks. A week ago I took delivery on a customer micron side feed airbrush. I have only had the chance to use it once and, Holy Smokes, the thing is amazing! I can't wait to get a good chunk of time to play around with it. I am using a rather lackluster badger compressor and am patiently waiting for my birthday or the holidays when I can justify asking the wife for a new compressor. Until then I am happy using what I have.

Here are two examples of paintings that I completed, one this past summer and the other the summer before. Both contain the use of brushed paints as well as an airbrush.

Kimball2013.14adjust.jpg Cuba Car_small .jpg

welcome from Australia,
I'm sure you'll have people asking you for tips and tricks on painting cars before you know it.

Hi and welcome from the UK. Shout out anything you need to know, and chip in with your art experience if you see how you can help someone else. It will be really appreciated. Glad the forum has been able to help out already :)

Hi there - welcome from New Zealand. That's some nice work there.

Hi jmoses77, welcom to the forum. From Dubuque IA, US. Seems to me that you will be the one teaching us. I'm looking forwar to see you post some of your work in detail. Enjoy.

Welcome aboard sir! Fantastic looking results already, i'm sure you and the airbrush are going to work well together combined with your obvious artistic talents :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum jmoses, glad we could help with answering some of your questions. We look forward to you being part of our airbrush family.

Lee

Back