Hello from the uk

D

Downsouth

Hi there, just joined but am a complete novice so will mostly be quiet and lurk whilst soaking up the good advice of you guys and girls for a while. I have just order a neo ( as I say am only just starting out and on a tight budget) but have already done the cheapie airbrush mistake and currently have an airbrush shaped paperweight on my desk from china so it can't be worse that that!

Welcome from somerset , where abouts are you in the UK. One or more of us might be close enough to visit :)

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

welcome from Australia.
an airbrush shaped paperweight you say ? well that's different, there are quite a few airbrush shaped floor darts that utilise the cheapie airbrush aerodynamics quite well.

let us know what you intend to paint on so we can guide you with paint selection etc.

Welcome from another down souther. Where abouts are you based? The only thing souther than me is the I.O.W. :)

Lots of folks like seem to like the neo. Just be aware that it is made for Iwata, not by Iwata, so doesn't have the same build/quality, but should be a good starter.

Welcome from another down souther. Where abouts are you based? The only thing souther than me is the I.O.W. :)

Lots of folks like seem to like the neo. Just be aware that it is made for Iwata, not by Iwata, so doesn't have the same build/quality, but should be a good starter.
Deepest darkest Hastings! If I go any further south I need to learn another language.

welcome from Australia.
an airbrush shaped paperweight you say ? well that's different, there are quite a few airbrush shaped floor darts that utilise the cheapie airbrush aerodynamics quite well.

let us know what you intend to paint on so we can guide you with paint selection etc.
The needles were to weak to work as dart! In terms of what I want to paint on that's a hard one. I got the last brushes for work on a cosplay costume as I could not find anyone local to pay to do it ( couldn't even get a quote!) so that might be fabrics, fibreglass, foam or plastic depending on the part. That is something I will continue to work towards but I also want to develop into pictures and "art" mostly for self improvement rather than to give or show others and to start with that will be on paper or card. Currently only used vallejo as I failed entirely to get the consistency of the dealer rownet acrylic paint right.

Createx 'wicked detail' will cover all that you have listed above as far as what you want to paint on (and artwork as well) . with the plastic, if its flexible then Createx also do a flexible adhesion promoter that works well on latex and flexible substrates.
get the recommended reducer and you will be set for anything you wish to paint on.

Back