Hello from Utah

N

Naegle

Hi everyone, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Brandon from Layton, UT. I'm fairly new to airbrushing, I've tried a little here and there over the years but have become more interested in it in the past year and have really been practicing and trying to learn as much as I can. Looking forward to all the great info this forum has to offer. Thanks.

Hello welcome to the forum,have any questions just post them up in the forum somewhere and we will try to answer them?

Hi Brandon, Welcome to the forum. Tell us what you intend to paint? Do you have any equipment, paints already? all the info will help us help you, if you need any help that is.

Lee

Welcome aboard from the UK, post some pics of your stuff, we are nosy lol, and tell us what kit you have :)

Thanks for all the responses. I have a background in automotive paint and body work so I'm looking to expand on that with my airbrushing. I would like to start doing airbrush art on motorcycles, helmets, metal panels and so on. I have been using an Iwata eclipse with wicked paints. Herrs a few small panels I did on some clayboard. 20160507_022324.jpg 20160428_210137.jpg 20160909_141345.jpg

Thanks for all the responses. I have a background in automotive paint and body work so I'm looking to expand on that with my airbrushing. I would like to start doing airbrush art on motorcycles, helmets, metal panels and so on. I have been using an Iwata eclipse with wicked paints. Herrs a few small panels I did on some clayboard. View attachment 45295 View attachment 45296 View attachment 45297

Welcome N, looks like your off to a good start, since you want to be working on automotive projects why not try to find an old bike tank or car bonnet, or even the sides of an old fridge or washing machine to get you used to working on metal surfaces, you'll most likely find that if you carry on with clay board your methods and the feel of what you do will be different when you get to something like a bike or a car, if you your job is bodywork repairs and such you already got the prep know how which is a huge part of it as you know, I'm sure since it's your job you can easily find a beat up tank or car hood to prep up and fool around on.

If your flag and your ripped metal/rivets job are firsts, you are already fairly well advanced and clearly have a future in it, my fist flag was nowhere near as pretty as yours is, lol, I reckon you would get a load of cool ideas and knowledge from Ed Hubbs on YouTube, folks here will obviously answer any questions you may have but it looks like are pretty clued up as you are:thumbsup:

Your Frankenstein is also cool but I was never a huge fan of him;)

Welcom Home Brandon nice to have you here.
ignore what malky says about Frankie ,,,, Frankie rocks he just does not like fire is all ...LOL

Thanks for the advice and kind words malky. I will definitely be trying on some tanks and panels in the future. I have already watched lots of ed hubbs videos on YouTube.

Welcome Brandon from Laton UT. You will like your stay here. Just moove around and see what you finds. Good look man

Back