Hello from West V.

M

MattB

My name is Matt B. I'm 37 from West Virginia , USA. I've been using an airbrush for a few years, but I'm still a beginner. I have a badger krome that I use mostly, and a badger patriot. I also have a couple of off brand airbrushes that were given to me when I first began, but those are paper weights now. I used to draw graphite & charcoal portraits alot. Mostly for myself, but sometimes for others. I received a bad head injury several years ago and that put a stop to things for awhile. I picked up scale modelling & airbrushing as a means to help rehab myself. Over time things improved and I really enjoyed the challenge and the results. So here I am. I'd like to learn as much as I can.

Welcome from the UK :) Airbrushing was therapy for me, and got into my head, and hooked me. Lots of airbrush addicts here. Look forward to seeing some of your work.

welcome from Australia Matt.
Are you content with just doing the modelling or are you looking to do some art with it.

where in dub v matt and base?

i lived in philippi wv for several years.... beautiful state.. no jobs or i may still be there..

where in dub v matt and base?

i lived in philippi wv for several years.... beautiful state.. no jobs or i may still be there..
I live in Fairmont. It's not far from phillippi. I was fortunate enough to get a job with the state or I was going to have to move. I appreciate the welcome. I'm sorry I didn't have a chance to reply sooner.

Welcome from the UK :) Airbrushing was therapy for me, and got into my head, and hooked me. Lots of airbrush addicts here. Look forward to seeing some of your work.
Thank you. I will post some in the future. I'm probably a little outclassed at this point. I'm still learning.

welcome from Australia Matt.
Are you content with just doing the modelling or are you looking to do some art with it.
Thank you. I have a sister who lives in New South Wales. We've never had a chance to meet but we correspond when we can. I'd like to do some art with my airbrush and I've attempted it a couple times. I really need to improve before I'd be capable of ever doing a portrait though. It's challenging with a pencil or charcoal. I respect anyone who can pull it off with an airbrush.

I'm probably a little outclassed at this point. I'm still learning.

I dont think you ever stop learning :) But seriously don't be shy about posting anything here. We all started in the same place, and there's no trolls, only constructive comments.

Exercises, experiments, doodles, or full works, posting pics can genuinely save (days, weeks, months) a lot of time figuring stuff out, as the experienced guys are so great at sharing knowledge and can spot how to tweak or refine something.

Besides, we're nosy lol, and like to watch people progress and grow.

Hey Matt, welcome to the forum, Everything has been said, so enjoy your stay with us, I hope you learn what you desire.

Lee

Back