Hello, thanks for adding

• Thread starter Corrine Chorney
  • Start date
C

Corrine Chorney

Hello everyone, I am an intermediate airbrusher that has been airbrushing off and on for the past 2 years with increasing frequency. Color still baffles me so I am working within my comfort zone gaining brush control and skills. I mainly am still practicing and have never sold any of my work or commissioned anything as haven't thought I was good enough but feel I'm getting close now. Heard about this site and how awesome it is for information and help

Welcome from Australia.
Where do you call home, what sort of things do you paint and what with?

Don't be shy about posting pics of your work, we love seeing creativity of others.

Welcome from Australia.
Where do you call home, what sort of things do you paint and what with?

Don't be shy about posting pics of your work, we love seeing creativity of others.
Thank you, I'm in Alberta, Canada.... currently I'm using Trident and Illustration paints and am finding I am having decent results painting monochromatic on slate/stone.... I'm getting old and this is my first forum so still trying to figure out how to navigate... it here goes, hopefully it will post my rocks. IMG_0127.JPGIMG_0012.JPG ..... ok not loading the pics as I thought it would so will just try the 2 for now but would love any tips or feedback anyone has for my work

Thank you, I'm in Alberta, Canada.... currently I'm using Trident and Illustration paints and am finding I am having decent results painting monochromatic on slate/stone.... I'm getting old and this is my first forum so still trying to figure out how to navigate... it here goes, hopefully it will post my rocks. View attachment 47746View attachment 47747 ..... ok not loading the pics as I thought it would so will just try the 2 for now but would love any tips or feedback anyone has for my work

Sorry don't think that was my finished bear pic... so had fixed his eyes...and this won't seem to post my pics I have taken on my iPhone... not sure what I'm doing wrong

Sorry don't think that was my finished bear pic... so had fixed his eyes...and this won't seem to post my pics I have taken on my iPhone... not sure what I'm doing wrong
Can edit and crop the pic with iPhone features. This will make the file a little smaller, but it still might not be enough. There's a free app I use called Pic Shop Lite. It seems to work great when edit pics taken from my phone.

Welcome aboard from the UK. I think all you are lacking is confidence in yourself. The rocks look fab.

As for colour theory - well that's above my head. I basically just wing it. A bit of experimenting soon shows you what works and what doesn't. Just go for it, practice, or do trial runs before applying it to the actual work, and you'll get it. Just practice on the same colour background as you intend to use. Keep an eye out for colour shift, for example white over black will give a blue tinge. But the best way to find out what is what, is just to do it.

Plus now that you found us, you have a whole new global family on hand to advise.

Welcome to the madhouse,we're all hear because we want to learn how to become better at this fine art,And you my dear are doing great work looking at those two ROCK'S as you see them? We all see Two great piece's of Very Very good work (and very sellable work at that) welcome to the forum and as said before if you have any questions ask and someone will post a reply shortly I'm sure

Back