Hello to everyone

M

meldon

Hi

I have been playing tabletop games for about the last 20 odd years so I am not a stranger to paint but about 5 years ago now decided to try airbrushing them as well.

Started with some cheap knock off airbrush from ebay and was just base coating the models in a chosen colour since that was all I seemed to have the ability to do.

Than a couple of years ago at Christmas I decided to treat myself to a Badger Krome and discovered that I should have been blaming my tools all along!!!

now I am blending edging and masking my little heart out and getting some results I am very happy with :)

LOL Now where on this planet do you live ?
Miniature are great to paint but some of the really small ones still need that old school paint brush LOL .
I designed and built D&D miniatures back in the later 70's early 80's , Now you can just order a kit man times have changed .
But feel free to post up some of those miniature I would love seeing them

Hi meldon, welcome aboard! Hope you enjoy the forum - any questions just shout out. Lots of good eggs around here. Where abouts in the world are you?

By table top games do you mean board games? (I'm from England, so we speak funny lol) D&D, Warcraft etc? Ah, the frustration of the knock off brush. Understandable that people don't want to spend a lot for a decent brush starting out, but what a revelation when you get something nice to play with.

I live in Nottingham these days but I am from Northern Ireland originally.

I started gaming with Warhammer but have spread out to other games now. I tend to call them table top becasue they are bigger than the average board game :)

I live in Nottingham these days but I am from Northern Ireland originally.

I started gaming with Warhammer but have spread out to other games now. I tend to call them table top becasue they are bigger than the average board game :)

LOL When you said table top I automatically thought ludo, tiddlywinks and stuff, way way back in my day they used to call it war games and yes they did indeed require a table top and the really hard fanatics would even have two or more tables places together.

Welcome to the forum;) would love to see pics of these games set up, I never played them but they were cool to view.

Welcome to the forum! I used to frequent a hobby shop that had massive gaming tables and hosted week-long tournaments. It was really amazing to see the work that goes into it. Not just in the miniatures but the tabletop itself. Of course this store introduced me to Gundams, so I never got into the gaming stuff much!

Back