Hello

Arturo

Young Tutorling
new to the forum and haven't picked up an airbrush since art school 30 + years ago.
Have a white Harley Electra Glide and interested in doing a picture on the fiberglass fairing.
I'll post some questions in the appropriate forum.
Thanks

Welcome back to airbrushing, I'm sure you'll remember what you've forgotten and be back to where you were 30yrs ago before you know it.
paints and techniques may have changed and maybe a few more models of airbrushes available but the basics will be the same. paint/pressure/reduction = artwork lol

Did someone say old Paasche airbrush? Oooh! What kind is it??? :)

Dunno? As soon as I locate it I'll respond. I remember I bought it around 1981 and it was pretty much state of the art at the time... double action(?) gravity fed..... about all I remember

Dunno? As soon as I locate it I'll respond. I remember I bought it around 1981 and it was pretty much state of the art at the time... double action(?) gravity fed..... about all I remember
Dang if ya can't find it then how ya gonna paint with it LOL .. But I started with a 1970's Paasche VL which I had to do a total rebuild of but I was lucky that a local art store carried every part in stock that I needed to do so. But since I have found Iwata and a few other brands my VL is just a wall hanger now

Welcome back to your new found addiction!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome from the UK, and welcome back to ABing! Anything you want to know just ask. Paint has moved on quite a long way since those days, so if you aren't sure then just shout out. Will you be going the waterbased or Urethane route?

If you happen to come across it and you wanna throw it away, umm Ive got a garbage pail you can borrow :)

Dang if ya can't find it then how ya gonna paint with it LOL .. But I started with a 1970's Paasche VL which I had to do a total rebuild of but I was lucky that a local art store carried every part in stock that I needed to do so. But since I have found Iwata and a few other brands my VL is just a wall hanger now

Lol.... planned to get a new Iwata

Welcome from the UK, and welcome back to ABing! Anything you want to know just ask. Paint has moved on quite a long way since those days, so if you aren't sure then just shout out. Will you be going the waterbased or Urethane route?

Not sure yet. Want to do a design in my motorcycle's fairing. Probably have to go urethane?

Not sure yet. Want to do a design in my motorcycle's fairing. Probably have to go urethane?
I do a fair amount of bikes and don't use urethane, except for the clear. Lots of people are turning away from uro's because of new laws etc. But some will always love it, so its down to where you live (and how easy it is to set up safely for uros, especially if you paint at home), and personal preference.

I do a fair amount of bikes and don't use urethane, except for the clear. Lots of people are turning away from uro's because of new laws etc. But some will always love it, so its down to where you live (and how easy it is to set up safely for uros, especially if you paint at home), and personal preference.
Thanks! What kind, brand, etc. paints do you use?
Also do you roughen the area to be painted with sand paper, etc.? What other prep work is necessary?

Back