Help with color

K

kylegabbert

I am trying to recreate the loom of this onto a yeti cup. I know how to do everything, but for the fighting Irish mascot outline, I sort of want it to be ghosted on there so that it can only be seen from certain angles. What kind of paint would I need? What color ghost paint? I've never used ghost pigment before so any help would be great.
images

I'm not too sure what you are talking about but I think it maybe a highly Transparent paint gently sprayed. There are no "ghost"pigments that I have come accross?

Interference colors are the easiest way..
However they take a bit of playing with to get right.

The paint with pearls, or jacquard efx interference pearls are much cheaper than buying interference paints. But again it does take a lot of experimentation.

Interference colors are the easiest way..
However they take a bit of playing with to get right.

The paint with pearls, or jacquard efx interference pearls are much cheaper than buying interference paints. But again it does take a lot of experimentation.

Thank you, what type of experimentation?

the trick with the interference paints is that you cant see what you are doing unless the light hits it at the right angle but you get a real cool effect with it , I used the etac red and blue shade interference paints a few times to create a color changing effect when the sunlight hits the paint :)
you can only see the shine of wet paint and you need to cover everything you dont want to cover with that paint

the trick with the interference paints is that you cant see what you are doing unless the light hits it at the right angle but you get a real cool effect with it , I used the etac red and blue shade interference paints a few times to create a color changing effect when the sunlight hits the paint :)
you can only see the shine of wet paint and you need to cover everything you dont want to cover with that paint

Sweet! How would you recommend me doing the effrct? I like the interference pearl idea, but I've never used them and I don't want to have to redo anything! I also like the candy idea as well

Sweet! How would you recommend me doing the effrct? I like the interference pearl idea, but I've never used them and I don't want to have to redo anything! I also like the candy idea as well
I would mask everything that doesnt need paint and only leave the desired ghost part exposed then spray a few thin layers of the interference paint , the one I used is real transparent so you cant really see it when yo spray it so keep your layers thin and let it dry in between every layer and use a 0.5 nozzle or bigger

To get the best out of the paint and maximise the look you want, if you havent used it before, you would be better off having a test panel, and spraying a few areas at different densities and seeing what it looks like when cleared, so that you know what you want and only have to paint the helmet once.

Back