Help with scooter panel

Well that was a waist of time, I used a 0.5 airbrush at 35psi and I split a piece of the panel in 2 halves 1 side i put the spray can lacquer on and waited for it to dry and sanded the gloss off and the other side i put some Auto air Transparent base. then took some AA Transparent Black and sprayed a fade across both halves let that dry and then put some tape over for an hour or so and went over it all with Trans blue let that dry and you will never guess what happened...... the *%$%$$£ paint peeling off again!!:mad::mad:
This damn panel is going to get smashed into tiny tiny little pieces soon...:mad: Im getting so frustrated now!

I think i just need to wait and get a big compressor and a spray gun and then use some Autoborne sealer as the base, but that will be a while yet cause funds are a bit tight ATM.

Well that was a waist of time, I used a 0.5 airbrush at 35psi and I split a piece of the panel in 2 halves 1 side i put the spray can lacquer on and waited for it to dry and sanded the gloss off and the other side i put some Auto air Transparent base. then took some AA Transparent Black and sprayed a fade across both halves let that dry and then put some tape over for an hour or so and went over it all with Trans blue let that dry and you will never guess what happened...... the *%$%$$£ paint peeling off again!!:mad::mad:
This damn panel is going to get smashed into tiny tiny little pieces soon...:mad: Im getting so frustrated now!

I think i just need to wait and get a big compressor and a spray gun and then use some Autoborne sealer as the base, but that will be a while yet cause funds are a bit tight ATM.

I'm starting to think that the last can of white you used was actually a finish and not compatible with anything going on after it, I avoid rattle cans like the plague because they rely on chemical propellants to make them work, since these don't feature in the normal tins I don;t believe they can be good, I've use primers in the past that if used out of a tin they dry rock hard but out of a spray can they remain soft and almost waxy for months, I've even has some that didn't dry at all, and the shops say "it's because you didn't shake it well enough", I would advise not buying stuff you wan tot rely on form Halford's you are literally buying form fools who are too dense to work at MacDonald's and and if you ask them anything, most used answer is "Dunno mate, I only work here".

Check out Simon Murray's YouTube videos, he has a lot on there and is quite the wizard with all the AA stuff, not mention having a very calming sexy voice for a bloke, I believe he can also be very very approachable if you can email him, if I was you based on the work you want to be doing would definitely look into a course with Simon, going on your inhuman display of staying power on this job you deserve it, many would have thrashed the job after the first go, so you owe it to yourself to not get frustrated but get educated;)

If doing a course is financially out of reach why not offer to do bikes for your friends at the club for free in exchange for their help, I know for sure that if any of my sons showed your determination and wanted to do such a course even if they had no talent at all, I would take them there myself and pay for it, and all I would ask for is a coupe of bullet holes on the left wing of my car, well actually I wouldn't ask for that because those bastards would probably put real ones on:eek::eek::eek::)

I have actually mailed Simon about it already and i need to ring him and talk to him about it.:) I was already in the process of saving to go on his 3 Day cource in ireland but this panel has been eating into that fund, i either need to buy a compressor and gun or see if someone has a compressor at work that i could borrow to do this panel and i will just buy my own spray gun. Then its a case of buying some Autoborne sealer and some more AA paints and some 2k clear that will eat the last of that saved cash... so looks like loads more extra overtime might be happening soon.

But looking on the bright side once i have this all down, i know the guy that the panel is for said that he has a few people waiting to see it and that they also want some artwork doing too, so i do need to make sure this one is done neat and tidy and i might get some more paying customers.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I have actually mailed Simon about it already and i need to ring him and talk to him about it.:) I was already in the process of saving to go on his 3 Day cource in ireland but this panel has been eating into that fund, i either need to buy a compressor and gun or see if someone has a compressor at work that i could borrow to do this panel and i will just buy my own spray gun. Then its a case of buying some Autoborne sealer and some more AA paints and some 2k clear that will eat the last of that saved cash... so looks like loads more extra overtime might be happening soon.

But looking on the bright side once i have this all down, i know the guy that the panel is for said that he has a few people waiting to see it and that they also want some artwork doing too, so i do need to make sure this one is done neat and tidy and i might get some more paying customers.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Excellent I hope you get on the course quickly, I think once you you;re on it you'll have few slap your forehead moments, I personally stick to little paintings, far less grief, lol, but seriously just keep at it, it will all come together eventually, then it starts to get fun:) but in the meantime, no effing Halford's lol

I had tons of problems with the wicked line on a helmet, now I just put the new 4030 intercoat in all the layers of paint I end up spraying, and I also do a layer of just the 4030 intercoat between laying paint and taping on top of it. I still get some peel here and there but nothing like before. I think another issue I had was using old paint. I bought a bunch of used paint and I think it's pretty old and the integrity of the paint in my opinion was questionable. I bought new paint and had better success with that, along with using the 4030 intercoat. Still not 100% sure what was wrong, and I have watched tons of tutorial videos where it looks like the people in the video were laying coats of paint way thicker than I was with no issues, so go figure I guess lol! Keep with it, you will get it figured out. It's frustrating but you learn from it!

Back