Here is another piece I did last night.

M

Milesshawn

Strathmore 400 series and trying out the FW Inks. I like it for illustration. Add a vile of paint and two drops of water and it runs out of the airbrush very smooth!!
0f0c8454cdd51856778de3a640b4b1fc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not bad. What sort of effect are you aiming for? Are you aiming for a graffiti type look? The white over the top is shifting blue (which it does over black) to my eye. Did you use a reference? Curious minds need to know.

Not bad. What sort of effect are you aiming for? Are you aiming for a graffiti type look? The white over the top is shifting blue (which it does over black) to my eye. Did you use a reference? Curious minds need to know.
I like to put my own spins on things. Trying out the white, gray and black inks. Wanted to get the grey in there so I would say, dark arts!!!! And yes I used a reference photograph.

OK, take care when you add white/grey over black, it will tend to turn blue. To counter it you can add a small amount of yellow or orange.

OK, take care when you add white/grey over black, it will tend to turn blue. To counter it you can add a small amount of yellow or orange.
When you say counter it, do you mean add a couple of drops into the airbrush before spraying??

When you say counter it, do you mean add a couple of drops into the airbrush before spraying??

To off set the blue shift often seen when applying white over black, a tiny tiny amount of orange (toothpick dipped in it) and stirred into the cup of the airbrush, not whole drops, you can add another toothpick drip if needed.
this is where testing on scrap paper is worthwhile.

To off set the blue shift often seen when applying white over black, a tiny tiny amount of orange (toothpick dipped in it) and stirred into the cup of the airbrush, not whole drops, you can add another toothpick drip if needed.
this is where testing on scrap paper is worthwhile.
Got it, thank you I will try that!!

Back