For Every Airbrush Artist!

Ready to get involved? Register for free and you won't see any google advertising!

Register

here's an Orion image for Christmas

Discussion in 'Open Bar!' started by airbrushingferret, Dec 26, 2017.

1. airbrushingferret

airbrushingferret Air-Valve Autobot!

I don't have the verry expencive or should i say even more expencive then the imaging cam i have now imaging cam. i could use a zwo asi 1600mc cooled. about 800 dollars i think. anywy the sensor om my cam is for planetary work thats how i get the nice big close ups on he planets and the moon. I am working on a project for my scope as it turns out my mirror was never properly supported the better its supported the more it will act like the near perfect figured 16 inch 115 inch focal length mirror it should be. kind of exactly what happened with the hubble. Anyway this was from an avi video not a long exposure . its what i saw on my laptop screen with the exposure and gain turned way up. the 4 stars in the bright center of the image are called the trapezium you can just about see all those faint tiny stelar nurseries like in the big scope images dec23orion3_AS_f100_g5_ap16.jpg
  2. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

Now That's a Stellr Piece of art! great job on the picture Ferret your getting the hang of that telescope yet!:thumbsup:
    jord001 likes this.
  3. airbrushingferret

thanks base. to bad im using the wrong imaging cam. but then again for close ups of interstellar objects it does the job
    jord001 likes this.
  4. basepaint

basepaint Air-Valve Autobot!

I just sent My brother your picture as he Just got a Telescope for Christmas from his Wife and hes reading how to set it up as it's computer controlled Not sure of who makes it's
    jord001 likes this.
  5. musicmacd

musicmacd Air-Valve Autobot! Very Likeable!

That's a small part of Orion!! Great job! Can you do The seven sisters?
    jord001 likes this.
  6. SiRoxx

SiRoxx Party Boy UK Style

Beautiful image Ferret!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    jord001 likes this.
  7. jord001

jord001 Air-Valve Autobot!

Another brilliant pic AB Ferret, thanks for sharing

Lee
  8. airbrushingferret

the only part i can get is the center star i think its called???? i forget the name right now but there are 3 stars next to it i get the center star and the 3 little stars thats it. im set up for high mag imaging like down to details a half mile on the lunar surface
    ilzeairbrushing and musicmacd like this.
  9. musicmacd

That's incredible :)
    Is it called Beetlejuice?
  10. airbrushingferret

no i was wefuring to the center star in the seven sisters or comonly caled the pleapdies
  11. airbrushingferret

here's another from a 4 inch refractor or a 100mm ed its a pretty expencive scope you could get 2 microns for the price of this bad boy the top image is over done bottom is better i would have more different deep sky stuff but the weather has been atrocious and realy cold it got to the 40's jan4orion4_AS_f46_g5_ap27_2.jpg jan4orion4_AS_f46_g5_ap272.jpg
    doc1 and musicmacd like this.
  12. airbrushingferret

i need to do another image and not over expose the center then put the 2 images together then the center wont be over exposed
  13. musicmacd

Do you do Registax?
    I used to do deep space photography, I loved it! Used a Canon 40D and a 4" ED on a tracking mount, lost all my work to hard drive failures :(

I used to take like 50-200 photos from 30-90secs and stack those suckers!! I found Andromeda to be a good subject! Globular clusters and the Mangenelic Clouds (spelt wrong) with my Canon L glass 50mm stacked on the scope- literally Heaven opens :)
    ilzeairbrushing likes this.
  14. airbrushingferret

i processed them all a bit to fast using autostakert2 and reistax wavelets. my problem is i am using a planetary imaging cam with a wee small sensor which acts like a high powered eyepiece. coupled with the scopes long f ratio. both 10 ed and 16 f7. what i realy need is a zwo 1600 mc the cooled cam is around 1000 dollars the un cooled cam is 6 or 700 dollars so you think buying a micron is expensive lol. even with that cam I still wont be able to get the whole orion. probably need a dslr cam or just an atik cam for deep space imaging and they can cost thousands. the mount for the 16 tracks spot on when i get good polar alignment but that takes time the best way is to take short exposures with a program for deep sky imaging. I havent had a chance to image squat due to bad weather. it should be in the 70's to 80's but instead it feels like new york in october including the grey cloudy skies
    musicmacd likes this.