Here's to making airbrushing look amazing....crap, you already did

So many variables regarding paint/reduction/air, that rarely will two people have it exactly the same, even weather plays a part. Add to that the size and coverage you want to paint, the level of detail, and opacity or transparency you want in your paint, the brush, nozzle size, etc etc.... and it becomes a very individual thing.

I also love Wicked, never met a surface it didn't like. But the heavy pigment that makes it so versatile, and makes colour pop, means it needs lots of reduction.

Totally agree with Cheryl, reduce, then reduce some more, and yes, the high performance reducer (W500/4012) is a must. Experiment and find what works for you, but you want at least 3:1 as a starting point to work from, if not more.
I bought a 16 oz bottle of the 4012 reducer along with 12 botters of 2 oz colors to try out.it also came with another 2oz bottle of reducer. I bought the createx translucent base too incase it's too thin and needs more base without more pigment

All the Wicked brand mixes with one another so I can create all other colors needed right? It says it does and works with all other createx bases and colors

Yes, mix away. I basically just use opaque black, white and red, primary Detail colours, and mix up everything I need with that. Oh, and I do have the Steve Driscoll flesh tone, which is a handy base to mix different flesh tones from. The trans base also lightens colour by diluting the amount of pigment, without over reducing. (although you will still want to reduce anyway) :)

Welcome home , Fellow Hoosier LOL ...
Now if you want to try out a Micron or Krome or H&S Infinity with the .15 set up drive on up.

Back