Hi artists I am from BELGIUM

Patrick Van Laere

Gravity Guru
I always loved special paints, but never I had the courage to learn it myself :p
Now I am 53 and I bought me a Iwata hp c plus and a compressor.
In my childhood I had a love for drawing so I hope I can learn this technique!
I now it is not easy but I persevere untile I can with the help of you.
Thanks in advanced,
Patrick

Hi Patrick, Welcome to the forum. Have you decided what paints you are going to use and what you would like to paint? We are here to help so give us as much info as you can. It helps us out when giving advice.

Lee

I bought my first paint Golden high flow and I want to do landscapes and potraits on canvas.
but first I have to practice a lot on trigger control and mixing paint and how not to destroy the needle when cleaning
Patrick

Hi Patrick, welcome from New Zealand. We like golden high flow... :) Take your time and enjoy the learning. Your drawing background will help. Just a matter of learning the mechanics... :) Dots and daggers are your friend!

what is the best ratio in order to mix this golden paint?
That is a "how long is a piece of string" question. Depends on needle size, spray pressure, how thick you want the layer... For normal application (15 to 30psi through my 0.38 eclipse or my 0.23 micron) I don't bother reducing the paint.

what is the best ratio in order to mix this golden paint?

You can mix it with plain water up to 10:1, or you can add golden airbrush medium to make it more transparent, as Mark says it depends on what you want to do with it, you will discover different mixes for different situations..

OH and welcome to the forum, don't be afraid to start new threads with your questions when you need to, if you put all your questions in your intro they will get lost eventually;)

Welcome from Australia.
Lots of people who know what they're doing around here. You'll be painting anything that doesn't move before you know it. Just ask when you have a problem

Back