Hi Everyone!

S

Skellington

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm really excited to be looking at everyone's artwork in the gallery, and have just plucked up the courage to share my first piece of practice art. I'm from the UK, Leeds to be specific.
I own a motorbike, as do a few of my family members which is what initially drew me to airbrushing when I noticed custom designs on bikes and helmets. They always catch my eye.
Now that I'm having a go with my own airbrush I very pleasantly addicted at the moment! The dream is to eventually try my hand at painting crash helmets, maybe even motorcycle parts.
Happy painting everyone :)

Welcome from Australia [emoji4]. Lots of people from UK to keep you company. Make sure you post up pics when you can.

Hi, Welcome Skellington from the UK. Surrey to be exact, just on the outskirts of London. Lots of nice friendly peeps here. Lots of help, advice, knowledge and inspiration. What bike do you ride? I ride a Honda CBR 600RR 2012. I want to at some point get into custom helmet and bike painting too. Just got to get my skill level up. Still a Noob.:(. LOL.

Thanks everyone!
I am going to put pics up whenever I can. It's really encouraging to see everyone helping each other out.
Firepriest, good choice of bike! I also own a CBR 600RR, 2011 Leyla Edition. I'm still a noob too, but practice makes perfect so they say. I think it's true!

Welcome home Skellington , Nice to have you in the family as twisted as this family can be . .LOL

Welcome from Australia!
Oh, great! Another Honda junkie!
I'm on a CBR600 F4i, Rossi replica 2002 model.
Please tell us what gear/ paint etc you have or want to use, or anything that you'd like to learn and I'm sure someone here can help.
Also, if you're having troubles, pop along to the appropriate section here, and you'll get all the help you need to get things sorted.

Ohh, very nice Splasha! It looks great. But I love most of the Rossi Replicas :)
I'm currently using a very cheap unbranded airbrush. This is soon to change as I'm going to buy an Iwata I think, but not 100% on which just yet. I'd like something which is good for the beginner but which will last and still allow me to progress and get better. I initially just bought something cheap to get a feel for it as I'd never even held an airbrush before. I am using Com-Art and Createx paints, which I'm happy with so far. They seem good.
Any recommendations on my next airbrush would be welcomed.
Thanks guys.

Welcome from yet another uk'er... I ride a 1998 zx9r, not for long though as mot, tax and insurance due next month and I havent got a bloody penny to my name lol
Welcome to the best hobby ever!

Hi Littlerick,
I briefly owned one of these, but never actually rode it. :-( My insurance and MOT are due now too, but my need for a new airbrush is taking over!

Welcome from Texas Skellington! The Iwata Eclipse CS is supposed to be a good beginner brush which is why I started there. I am still at the beginner stage myself!

Yet another UKer welcoming you from down on the south coast. I got into ABing for exactly the same reasons, and got hooked. Enjoy the forum, great people, great talent and all the advice you'll ever need.

Thanks Greg I will have a look at the Iwata Eclipse CS. Squishy that's great thanks for your message. I am already loving this forum, it's like a friendly fountain of knowledge. It's great.

Welcome from the South West and another Honda owner, my Honda 750 Shadow - Black Spirit is feeling a bit neglected at the moment :)

Definately take a look at the HP-CS, a lot of brush for the money, and great for automotive, as it's good for fine detail (once you get to know it), and covering slightly larger areas. And you won't outgrow it, great for beginners, but a reliable workhorse for the experienced too. Until a few weeks ago, this was my only brush, and I used it for everything!

My first bike was a Honda. An SS50, my pride and joy at 16 years old Lol. Didn't ride again til my late 20's but it's been Jap bikes all the way since then Suzuki, a few Yammies, and a couple of Kwaks.

Back