Hi Everyone

Ok when this thing gets done i will post a pic. I couldnt find any candy red at Hobby Lobby so i got some red and big time over reduced it to make a candy..starting to look pretty good.
Rick

Wicked os awesome stuff, sprays satin smooth, but you need to reduce the hell out of it. I mostly start at 1 paint 3 reducer, and the heavier pigments may need more. For real fine detail, even more than that. Takes a little getting used to, but its good stuff.

Everyting ive heard about 5he paint is awesome..i will try that ratio because so far i havent found the magic number. Ohh but i will..
Rick

Just keep experimenting, you will find what works for you. Everyone's magic number is different as there are so many variables, including different colours, surface, nozzle size, coverage, style of painting, conditions/weather/humidity etc, but once dialled in, it can do anything, and paint on everything.

Ok has anyone had trouble with wicked paints adhering to bare metal..i painting some hotwheel cars and i want to immatate the spectrflame paint by using transparent paint. It goes on good and seems to dry to the touch, but after a week i add a polishing compound it comes right off. Any suggestions..
Rick

Ok has anyone had trouble with wicked paints adhering to bare metal..i painting some hotwheel cars and i want to immatate the spectrflame paint by using transparent paint. It goes on good and seems to dry to the touch, but after a week i add a polishing compound it comes right off. Any suggestions..
Rick

On bare metal you would need a primer or sealer first. Scuff that and paint
Cheers

Thats the problem..i cant prime or seal as i need the bright shine of the metal for the transparent paint..ive used urethane paints this way before with no problems. More experminenting when i get hom from work..thanks for the replies. I'll figure it out. Im not one to give up.
Rick

Back