Hi from an old geezer, trying to rejuvenate some Artistic talent he once had

Welcome to the forum Tom, you're in a good place, Paper is ok to practise on. Get yourself a roll of lining paper from b&q or similar, lots of sprayable area to practise lines, dots and daggers. Get a colouring book for when you get bored of dots and daggers, colour in without going over the lines, this will help with control. Bristol Board is good and not too expensive once you get serious. If you fancy trying canvas, poundland has them and canvas coated boards and obviously they are a pound so not expensive. I've just got some yupo synthetic paper (polypropeline) it acts more like a hard surface and is very popular. Paint is a personal thing, i've just found my mixture for createx illustration paints so im using them at the moment. I use etac efx usually but have spectra-tex from Badger which i let the kids use for tshirts and general practise although its pretty good on most surfaces when you get it thinned correctly, im painting a motorbike themed painting with it at the moment. I've also got com-art, inspire solvent paints, tattoo ink, windsor and newton inks and trident. I have a few lol You can get paint from lots of places Squishy has them covered above. There's a few things to get you started.

Lee

Hi,& thanks Lee for your help ,I`m really grateful and over whelmed by every ones help ,anything is helpful at my stage as basically what I know about airbrushing you could write it all on a postage stamp. I`m enjoying making notes and checking everything out . I`m looking into that createx paint you mentioned .

Barwell Body Works are not far away from me in Birmingham and supply the badger airbrushes and paints, they're near Hinkley, Mick Neill at the Airbrush Academy in Evesham hold classes and sell paints, Com-art and Createx Illustration and airbrushes (Iwata) as well as stencils erasers and the usual bits n bobs. He has also hosted our very own Mitch aka AB Tutor in the past as well as Dru Blair at least twice. Not sure if he plans to host further artists classes but i know he has his own running on a regular basis, starting with basics and then more advanced as well as automotive classes. Google them you will find them easily enough. And just for the record WE love to help.

Lee

Barwell Body Works are not far away from me in Birmingham and supply the badger airbrushes and paints, they're near Hinkley, Mick Neill at the Airbrush Academy in Evesham hold classes and sell paints, Com-art and Createx Illustration and airbrushes (Iwata) as well as stencils erasers and the usual bits n bobs. He has also hosted our very own Mitch aka AB Tutor in the past as well as Dru Blair at least twice. Not sure if he plans to host further artists classes but i know he has his own running on a regular basis, starting with basics and then more advanced as well as automotive classes. Google them you will find them easily enough. And just for the record WE love to help.

Lee
Thankyou Lee for informing me of that. I`ll check that out about the Air brush Academy in Evesham too .

Back