Hi Y'all

Welcome from New Zealand. What's a bit of you background? New to the game or have you been painting for a while? Do you have any toys...? We are a nosey bunch... :)

Welcome from New Zealand. What's a bit of you background? New to the game or have you been painting for a while? Do you have any toys...? We are a nosey bunch... :)

Sorry, I didn't think to post it here lol. I just replied in the Which Airbrush thread.

I haven't done much since the mid nineties & am just getting re-started. I still have my old Aerograph Super 63, Sprite, Paasche VL & a Iwata HP-C Plus which I bought in Thailand. I do like the look of the Badger Krome & DAGR..

HI Booster welcome to the forum, you have a few good airbrushes, are the devilbiss working still? I have 3 super 63's and im looking for a super 93 but they're like hen's teeth. What are you thinking of painting? Have you brought any paint yet? Depending on what you want to paint we can help you with what paints are best for whatever. Anyway, enjoy your stay here, have a good read and if you need help shout out.

Lee

HI Booster welcome to the forum, you have a few good airbrushes, are the devilbiss working still? I have 3 super 63's and im looking for a super 93 but they're like hen's teeth. What are you thinking of painting? Have you brought any paint yet? Depending on what you want to paint we can help you with what paints are best for whatever. Anyway, enjoy your stay here, have a good read and if you need help shout out.

Lee
Hi Lee, yes the Aerographs are still working perfectly, I did change the nozzle washers in both. I was watching an unused, mint 93 on ebay last week & forgot to bid, I think it sold for about £70. I used to love painting Soviet / Chinese propaganda posters & just general stuff using artists gouache. It's been donkeys years since I did anything though. I bought the Createx Primary & secondary sets last week.
Thanks so much.

Andrew

Hi Booster, welcome from England. Did you buy the standard createx sets? These are primarily for fabrics, though you can reduce them they are not the easiest to use for other things. What kind of surfaces/things are you hoping to paint? We can point you towards the best paints to suit :)

Hi Booster, welcome from England. Did you buy the standard createx sets? These are primarily for fabrics, though you can reduce them they are not the easiest to use for other things. What kind of surfaces/things are you hoping to paint? We can point you towards the best paints to suit :)

Hi Squishy, I bought the Wicked Colours. For now I'm just going to use Bristol Board & card until I get into it a bit.

Hi Squishy, I bought the Wicked Colours. For now I'm just going to use Bristol Board & card until I get into it a bit.

I use Wicked myself and love it as it is so versatile and I've used it on many surfaces. This flexibility means it is heavier in pigment than some other paints, so needs more reduction than you might think. I really recommend using the 4012 reducer. Wicked does not reduce well with water like some other paints as it has a tiny amount of solvent, the 4012 really helps it flow perfectly when you've got your ratios worked out, plus has many other benefits such as minimizing tip dry so that it becomes negligable, quicker drying and stronger curing. Also used on its own it is a great airbrush cleaner, so no need for extra cleaning products. (I would buy the larger bottle as you will use way more of it than paint, and it will work out cheaper.)

As I mentioned it works really well on most surfaces, but if you are only going to be painting on board or similar for portrait or illustration type work, then Createx Illustration, E'tac or Com-art might be an option as these are specifically for that type of painting. I do use Wicked for paper and board however, just be aware that because the 4012 helps with drying, you have to do any techniques such as scratching as soon as you can.

Back