Hockey Dad

Practice run, trying out colors and layout, ignore the chin area. Still need to work on shadows to give it some depth. The blue is a bit dark but you can see the blue when it's in bright light, I may try to lighten it a little.

I have a white line between the yellow and blue, do you think I should change it to silver? Any other suggestions on making it look not so basic?

Thanks
Allen

Props to every airbrush artist that makes this look easy, you guys rock!

IMG_20170921_222533_01.jpg

Practice run, trying out colors and layout, ignore the chin area. Still need to work on shadows to give it some depth. The blue is a bit dark but you can see the blue when it's in bright light, I may try to lighten it a little.

I have a white line between the yellow and blue, do you think I should change it to silver? Any other suggestions on making it look not so basic?

Thanks
Allen

Props to every airbrush artist that makes this look easy, you guys rock!

View attachment 49960
I think the white line works. It's up to you if you'd like to try silver or not really. Looks like a great outcome from a practice run!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should be proud of this paint job it's very clean and looks great. I can't believe this is you first airbrush attempt!

Really looks great. The shadows came out . Particularly inside the number. That's a kick ass helmet.

Thanks guys, I will stress less after I get a full wet coat of 2k clear and nothing lifts. Temperature outside is expected to be 62 tomorrow.

I didn't do any drop shadows in the wings and stripes, I was worried i would mess it up. So I just went with the lower half of the mask. I send complete pics on Monday.

IMG_20171002_174547_01.jpg
It's done. It needs some wet sanding but I can live with the clear coat for now since I am out of time, Home opener Thursday. Thanks for all of the advice and encouragement. It was fun but a stressful project.

The most difficult part: mixing colors and spraying transparents, I have a lot to learn.

Allen

Attachments

• IMG_20171002_174728_01.jpg
    IMG_20171002_174728_01.jpg
    880.2 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20171002_174731_01.jpg
    IMG_20171002_174731_01.jpg
    775 KB · Views: 11
You should be proud of that result! That's came out awesome. What's the next project? LOL.

Back