HOK brandywine KBC won't stop bleeding!!!!

J

Juicegoose

So i sprayed out some brandywine and put two coats of sg100 over the top but when i try to create a splatter effect with white over the top the brandywine bleeds right through and i get pink.

Any good advice for stopping bleeding?

While most will recommend you use sg100 inter coat clear ,It is however not a barrier to keep the color from bleeding due to you KBC is mixed in sg100.
You need to actually use a clear coat over the kandy to lock it in 100% and keep it from bleeding.
Yes working with Kandies is a lot more work but so worth it .

Thanks micron Ya i love kandies. Even though I know KBC's aren't true kandies ya just can't beat the effect. I had thought about throwing down some clear last night while I cleared something else but wasn't sure(thats what I get for thinking).

LOL Hey it too me a while to learn to remember to clear over Kandy too . But I think it was either something Craig Fraser said or maybe David Monnig in a video that while your Kandy carrier can be covered with sg100 to protect if you have to take a break from the item . If you do not want color bleed you have to clear coat it to lock it in .
But I was also told you have to learn something every day :D

You have to use something that is dissimilar so that it won't reactivate the layer below allowing it to bleed through. Clear coat is a bit of a pain but it is the best way as Herb said.

I have had to learn about that but with the Candy 20. With that the trans base is the dissimilar product, but that only works once, then you have to clear for any subsequent layers.

Thanks Guys. I ran some panel clear last night over the top and then splattered some silverwhite pearl on this morning. Probably 6-8 hours dry time on the spot panel clear. The silvewhite pearl splatter wrinkled in areas where the splatter was a little thicker. Could the clear need more time to dry before splatter or could it be that the PPG spot clear i'm using is not liking the HOK paint over the top. I have on issues at all with spraying ppg over dried HOK.

Back