Holbein airbrushes?

I bought mine years ago when Holbein was still in business from a carver who was a distributor which won't be help to you

I did not lol, it's ok I don't really need it, I just like tinkering with things, I forgot to post pictures, I will tomorrow if I remember

I did not lol, it's ok I don't really need it, I just like tinkering with things, I forgot to post pictures, I will tomorrow if I remember
Tell me about it! I have an Olympos 100sb that I swapped half the parts with a 200 model, then swapped the nozzle for a .18 Iwata with k33 needle - and now I am thinking to try a Creos PS770 nozzle and needle on it... never ends.

Haha, I know my holbien toricon h3, the new model, has a trigger with a piston attached, and I'm trying to convert it to just a standard trigger with a separate piston, I work at a body shop so I have a lot of tools and parts, and a lot of other shinny stuff at my disposal

Tell me about it! I have an Olympos 100sb that I swapped half the parts with a 200 model, then swapped the nozzle for a .18 Iwata with k33 needle - and now I am thinking to try a Creos PS770 nozzle and needle on it... never ends.
I messed around with the creos needle and nozzle, and I got them to work on other brushes but the taper is different than the iwata or olympos, so I feel the creos 270 .18mm is an excellent detail gun and gets great coverage for the needle size not like my cm sb it's straight detail, i don't know, that's my opinion, I also mess around with a lot of different paint, something about the sound of paint spraying is theraputic, my fiance works at jerry's art store, so I get discounts on paint and such, I'm spoiled

They don't sell them at Vermont artist supply anymore, I called to inquire about them a month or so ago, I have a y2 dash, and a regular y2, that I'm considering selling, I feel even the new holbein airbrushes are excellent, they are picky, need more paint reduction then other airbrushes, but they are built for someone who looks to work slow, the air valve doesn't bring a lot of air in the horizon h3, that's what I have, so the over spray Is very minimal

mike K,

Funny thing that you mentioned that Vermont Art Supply no longer was selling Holbein airbrushes- because that IS where both DaveG and myself purchased the Neo Hohmi airbrushes. Didn't you say they no longer sell them??
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

Hoblein Neo Hohmi in the house. New old stock purchased from Vermont Art Supply - very interesting brush. Looking forward to spending more quality time with it.

22788760_1276993739072878_6109948458823519109_n.jpg

Last edited:
Hoblein Neo Hohmi in the house. New old stock purchased from Vermont Art Supply - very interesting brush. Looking forward to spending more quality time with it.

22788760_1276993739072878_6109948458823519109_n.jpg

Well after using mine for a bit I can say it is not a Micron per se but a very nice shooter overall. I could pull some nice lines but not close to what my Frankenbrush 100SB/200 GSI 770 mod'ded brush can do. Am I disappointed? Not at all as this is still a stellar brush with a very unique set up and unlike any airbrush you are likely to own save another Holbein. I may be able to spray finer lines after I upgrade my air source and mess with the thinning ratio for my acrylics. An odd set up for the side mounted color cup is that it is tapered as it goes into the body and is similar to the Paasche V that I have. Another neat idea is a removable screw at the bottom of the color cup siphon tube for cleaning! And yes Jurien72 mine works quite well for an eBay buy for all of 20US and a few spare parts from Chicago Airbrush before they went off the grid. Sorry that your Paasche Vs don't. It might help that mine was early 1980's vintage.
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

That is a sweet looking airbrush! As far as my Vs go, I just need more time to tune them. My actual V is probably from the 40s or 50s.

That is a sweet looking airbrush! As far as my Vs go, I just need more time to tune them. My actual V is probably from the 40s or 50s.

Jurien72,

It's kinda funny as every Paasche I have ever paid money for has worked and worked well at that. I don't know if I lead a charmed life or what but I could buy them for you for luck?? I know Paasche' reputation has been quite tarnished due to shoddy quality control (read non existent) and do feel for those saddled with lemons. The last Paasche I bought off of eBay was a Mojo 3 and it works quite well and is a close competitor to my Olypmos SP-B and Frankenbrush 100/200SB.
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

Jurien72,

It's kinda funny as every Paasche I have ever paid money for has worked and worked well at that. I don't know if I lead a charmed life or what but I could buy them for you for luck?? I know Paasche' reputation has been quite tarnished due to shoddy quality control (read non existent) and do feel for those saddled with lemons. The last Paasche I bought off of eBay was a Mojo 3 and it works quite well and is a close competitor to my Olypmos SP-B and Frankenbrush 100/200SB.
Regards,
Chris the cabbie
What's a Mojo 3? I do have pretty good luck with my VLST and my HS- it seems to be the VJR that gives me the most trouble really. I think it has an issue where the nozzle seals against the body. I only get to dabble with my airbrushes about a week every 3 months, so progress is slow :) but everytime I fiddle with it, it seems to get a little better. I bought the V's mostly to sit on a shelf and look pretty, but it would be nice to know they will work.

Someday I'd love to have a Holbein or a Olympos, but we will see!

What's a Mojo 3? I do have pretty good luck with my VLST and my HS- it seems to be the VJR that gives me the most trouble really. I think it has an issue where the nozzle seals against the body. I only get to dabble with my airbrushes about a week every 3 months, so progress is slow :) but everytime I fiddle with it, it seems to get a little better. I bought the V's mostly to sit on a shelf and look pretty, but it would be nice to know they will work.

Someday I'd love to have a Holbein or a Olympos, but we will see!

Jurien72,

The Mojo 3 is a rebranded Paasche Raptor tuned by Mike Learn. Mine came from a Pawn shop in Indiana with a spare size 0 superfine polished needle. I find lubing the threads (all threads!) on the brush works wonders. I can pull some fine lines with ease and am quite happy with it. I have seen bad feedback on the brush as some got lemons from Mike Learn as they didn't work as advertised and with Mike being hard to get ahold of doesn't really help, huh? I bought it with my eyes wide open and felt if there was damage, I could turn it back into a Raptor AB and for $36 US - how could I lose? Wasn't really necessary. As for my V, I bought a second older V for parts for less than $20 and once swapping some parts between them, my good V stopped working! I figured out what the parts were and put things back the way they were and was back to normal. So yes, I do understand how the lemon owners feel.
Regards,
Chris the cabbie

My V came from ebay for $20, and the working parts were all pretty shot... needle was bent, nozzle corroded, stuff like that. (I never did get the air valve apart!) So all the working parts are fresh from Paasche, and yeah, they seem to be of "modern Paasche quality" if you catch my drift lol. Really no biggie- I'd be furious if I spent big money on it, but geez for $20 I own a little slice of airbrush history. Ive seen knick knacks sell for more, and you cant hook an air hose to em!

Back