Hot water and Eclipse HP-CS

busanga

Double Actioner
I watched some cleaning videos and they used hot water to flush out Acrylic paint. Tried it on my Eclipse CS.. not good. it cleans paint out but then neeedle got stuck in nozzle. i wondered what was going on.

i freed it up, cleaned it out normally and tried again with hot water to make sure it wasnt something else i was doing, sure enough got stuck again.

realized that due to the heat expanding the nozzle (or needle ) needle was jamming in the nozzle.

My usual routine using Medea, Actone etc , and luke warm sopay water no issues...

so just a heads up (am sure the gurus out there already know) but hot water in Eclipse is not good...

As you probably know, hot water works well to unstick many dried acrylics from paint palettes and so on but it will stay lumped together, it doesnā€™t dissolve it, so if it is in your airbrush that may well not be what you want as it may then clog your nozzle. May work quite well if the paint is still wet though?

i suspect if i loosen the needle chuck and pull the needle back a bit so it is not in the nozzle and flushed with hot water, would clean out nicely... may give it a try just for fun ...i like tinkering :)

Also what i didnt try was just runing hot water through it when it was clean to see if it is the heat/expansion that is stickng the needle or if indeed it was paint that got sticky.. another test to do.

at some point i will acttually get round to painting ..:rolleyes:šŸ˜Š

Of course, once cooled the needle should contract and unstick if that was the cause.
not necessarily...if the needle is under tension from trigger spring and the nozzle expands the needle will push further out (microscopily) and when it cools will pinch the needle hard.... may be if heat more will free....

fyi... i did put in fridge to cool off at the time (i live i hot climate) and it didnt free up. i didnt think to rehat it and try... i panicked a bit hahaha.

i ended up running bit of oil and pulling it out... i suspect it i heated it again would ave come out moe easily

sorry for double post...something going on, website is very slow to load at my end my internet is fast but site is loading slow...not just this one a few sites... am sure is to do with mu ISP

Back